Why Would You Want To Get Incoming 6 inch Lumia Phone instead of Lumia 1520?

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Please stop the 6" screen shenanigans. The 1520 is a tablet. You can't put this phone in your pocket if you are not a clown. Might as well use a 2520 as a phone. Lets see more phones like the Icon except on more carriers than just Verizon

Im 5'6", not a tall guy, but I like to dress well. Im currently wearing designer ted baker trousers and they fit perfectly well..

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Please stop the 6" screen shenanigans. The 1520 is a tablet. You can't put this phone in your pocket if you are not a clown. Might as well use a 2520 as a phone. Lets see more phones like the Icon except on more carriers than just Verizon

Fits in my pocket just fine. Its a phone not a tablet moron and nothing like the 2520. Sorry you too small to handle such hardware.

Funny thing is people like you who cry about phones like this are the first ones to come running "hey can you pull this up on your phone mine is too small".

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anything is wrong with the 1520. It is in my opinion on par with the Galaxy S5 despite the advanced processor it has, the HTC One (M8), and the Galaxy Note 3. There should be some updates wiht change logs that reflect fine tuning some minor issues like screen sensativity. I think it can be too sensative at times. Having split screen functionality like the Surface has would be good, to further utilize the amazing screen. If anyone is having troubles with the battery life, you're probably playing some serious games and watching movies a lot. The 1520 has one of the best batteries if not the best.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
My wish list is:
Keep that screen size to 6 inches for a better ppi with 2k resolution, estimately you get 490 ppi.
In order to keep it to run smoothly, there must be a snapdragon 805 processor.
Besides that 3gb ram is gladly welcomed, which makes the phone to be future proof.
On-screen buttons while keeoping camera and volume buttons for the device.
The most important thing battery should be 4000 mah. It doesnt make any difference if they make it replaceble or not, unless they make it 4000 mah.
Gorilla Glass 3 is the minimum expectation for screen protection. If something better than gg3 such as gg4, I would welcome that too.
Camera should be at least 25-30 mpx but without a hump and should take pictures nice at auto mode. Everyone is not an expert of manual mode
dual led and xenon flash for main camera.
8mpx front camera for crystal clear video call quality.
6-8 mics should be placed on device too.
Waterproof.

Logan Marispini

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 and what I would love is the camera hump to be flush, even if that means making the device thicker, which would allow space for a larger battery. I would like to have a USB 3.0, along with a speaker mounted on the bottom, or have two mode speakers through the front in the ear-speaker. I also would like the micro SD, and sim tray to not rattle, but still on the right side. I think they should get rid of 'double tap to wake' and just keep the windows button's sensitivity on to wake the phone, similar to the surface's windows button on the front of the display. Other than that I love how the camera, charging/sync port, flash, and headphone jack are all centered on the phone. Unlike the HTC one m8. And the iPhone. I love everything centered, and clean. All I really want is multi-window mode. I love everything about my Lumia 1520 hardware wise.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Tell Us All The Features You Can Expect From Your Next Lumia Phablet Such As Multi-Screen, USB 3.0, A Pen, More Case Colors Like Magenta Or Cyan And More!

MAGENTA!!! I'd get that. What's multi screen? USB 3 would be nice I guess, but I don't really use the usb connection much, photos travel trough the cloud and I put different music on my phone once every 3 months. Don't care for pen, I have no use for it.
I'd really like xenon flash.

I would like to see thinner edges and maybe on-screen buttons. This way New Lumia 15x0 could either be made smaller or the screen could be made bigger (say 6,2) with the same dimensions. Also I'd like to see Gorilla Glass 3 or something new being used as screen protection.

Onscreen buttons suck, they just take up screen, why would you want that? The screen could be .1" bigger, but the onscreen buttons would be there, so it's the same in the end. If you noticed, the 630 (cheap, low end) has on screen buttons, and 930 (flagship) has dedicated buttons, I guess the onscreen buttons are cheaper to make so we'll find them on cheaper phones. Anyhow, to each their own I guess.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
What's multi screen?
With Multi-Screen, You can run and control 2 apps at the same time. It's great for 6inch devices however Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT and Xbox One have this feature and it called "Split Screen" and also you can find it in other phablets like Galaxy Note 3

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
With Multi-Screen, You can run and control 2 apps at the same time. It's great for 6inch devices however Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT and Xbox One have this feature and it called "Split Screen" and also you can find it in other phablets like Galaxy Note 3

Ah, I see. I guess it would be neat, but anything less then 6" and the screen is too small for that. WP8 has awesome way of switching apps though, so working with two apps at once is joy.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My wish list is:
Keep that screen size to 6 inches for a better ppi with 2k resolution, estimately you get 490 ppi.
In order to keep it to run smoothly, there must be a snapdragon 805 processor.
Besides that 3gb ram is gladly welcomed, which makes the phone to be future proof.
On-screen buttons while keeoping camera and volume buttons for the device.
The most important thing battery should be 4000 mah. It doesnt make any difference if they make it replaceble or not, unless they make it 4000 mah.
Gorilla Glass 3 is the minimum expectation for screen protection. If something better than gg3 such as gg4, I would welcome that too.
Camera should be at least 25-30 mpx but without a hump and should take pictures nice at auto mode. Everyone is not an expert of manual mode
dual led and xenon flash for main camera.
8mpx front camera for crystal clear video call quality.
6-8 mics should be placed on device too.
Waterproof.

... and under $300. ? That spec sheet w/b a pricey phone !

I'd like to see MS/Nokia go to more subtle colors - perhaps Midnite Blue pearl, Ruby Red, Platinum Steel Grey, Black Carbon Fibre or (here's the marketing tie-in) Starbucks Grande ! (a dark coffee color - but serious about the first four).

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
-1020 or better camera equivalent
-Surface-style magnetic stylus
-Case like the 1520 Nokia flip cover, but magnetically closes; isn't flimsy; protects the camera; and what would be the part of the cover that goes onto the screen has an additional flap which folds out into two halves to make a typing cover!
-front-facing speakers on the upper-half of the phone
-microphone on the bottom half of the phone.
-virtual buttons
-vanishing edge screen
-colors: green, cyan, red, white, yellow, orange, purple, black

I'm drooling

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
-1020 or better camera equivalent
-Surface-style magnetic stylus
-Case like the 1520 Nokia flip cover, but magnetically closes; isn't flimsy; protects the camera; and what would be the part of the cover that goes onto the screen has an additional flap which folds out into two halves to make a typing cover!
-front-facing speakers on the upper-half of the phone
-microphone on the bottom half of the phone.
-virtual buttons
-vanishing edge screen
-colors: green, cyan, red, white, yellow, orange, purple, black

I'm drooling

Also, I don't care about the weight or thickness of a phone, which is why I want those features.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

You are entitled to your opinion for yourself Others have different opinions and preferences If they're not the same so be it. Obviously some people have an opinion different from, yours as the note 3 and 2 are selling well as did other larger than iPhone phone sized phones and phones larger than 4.5 to 5 inch screens like the S5. please state your opinions without stepping on those of others. There are obviously many posters here who like the 1520 and will continue to do so. Placing all of them in clown categories is not helpful or considerate. .

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
better camera , bigger sensor , xenon flash , brighter faster lens and I could be in ;-) if your going to make a huge device why not throw in the best camera you can get in mobile tech in their as well ;-) might have to be a hump to cater for the internals but hey if you want the best of the best then you will need a lil hump ;-)

oh and cyan too , what happened to matte cyan ..... can you imagine how good the 1020 and 1520 would look in cyan ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo