How to protect camera bump Lumia 1520

diego9016

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Guys, soon I'll get my Lumia 1520 and I was wondering if you use a case or how do you protect the camera? I don't want it to get scratched or something. Also, do you use a screen protector?

Thanks in advance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're that inclined to protect it, any case or shell should fit the bill, since its probably going to be thicker than the bump itself.

Also, I highly recommend a screen protector. My 920 has been naked for a while and gorilla glass is doing work, but I wish I had one from day one. (actually the one I ordered should be arriving very soon) EDIT: It has arrived, what a beauty.
An accidental gravitational accident at the butterfingers of a friend resulted in a few scratches I'm not to happy about. Considering the sheer size of the 1520's display, I'd recommend you get one even sooner.

Last edited:

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the Nokia flip cover for free when I bought my 1520. But I kind of got tired of always flipping the thing over so I cut the flip part piece off the cover and left the back piece that snaps on. The cover just barely sticks out past the camera hump! Since I cut the flip piece off, I got a Zagg screen protector. Overall I'm very happy with this setup. I've had a few nasty 5 ft. drops and the actual phone polycarbonate back is still in great shape.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I would avoid getting the Body Glove commuter case as it offers very little in the way of protection for your phone, had one on my old HTC HD7 and it damaged my phone when I dropped it one day. Zagg is the best screen cover for the money, all my phone's have had a Zagg screen cover and my screens have been flawless after I have removed the cover.

tessierp

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I started to get some tiny scratches around the camera's window but nothing at the center yet. So I decided to get myself a rubber back cover which prevents the window from touching any surface but not by much (probably 3 mm). I haven't found anything that can really protect it more than that. You'll just have to be careful. Eventually you'll get it scratched and the best thing to do is to invest in a new FRAME bezel when it's scratched too much. This will set you back a good 70$ since most of the places I have seen that sell it comes with some circuitry like the headphone jack, etc, preinstalled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes