06-14-2014 05:24 AM
73 123
tools
    I uninstalled the battery app. I think I'll just deal with the battery life. I had to reset this phone a million times
    I just rest my phone.
    05-12-2014 05:16 PM
    Okay I'll drain it to 0% tonight.
    1.) Never drain it to 0%. With Lithium Ion batteries, that seems like the absolute worst thing you can do. And keeping it at 100% does not harm the battery life unless your charger is malfunctioning.

2.) A hard reset without restoring settings has been proven to be extremely effective at getting rid of battery drain in wp8.1. If your phone is getting warm in your pocket, that's your answer. It worked wonders for me.
    05-12-2014 05:22 PM
    1.) Never drain it to 0%. With Lithium Ion batteries, that seems like the absolute worst thing you can do. And keeping it at 100% does not harm the battery life unless your charger is malfunctioning.

2.) A hard reset without restoring settings has been proven to be extremely effective at getting rid of battery drain in wp8.1. If your phone is getting warm in your pocket, that's your answer. It worked wonders for me.
    I'm on WP8.
    05-12-2014 05:57 PM
    A big battery drain source is bad cell reception. My 1520, when i'm at good reception areas, get a real nice battery life, but at work, my reception is real bad and that kills my battery.

A tipical work day: Unplugged phone at 06:00 am, read news, play 10 of a game, whatsapp all day long (well, around 20 msgs), a few hours of music (radio & mp3, mp3 using my bluetooth headset). I have everything turn on, but LTE (i used 3g cause 4g can not reach inside my building). And, around 18:15 pm, my battery has 41% left.

Also having twitter sending notifications, along with facebook, 2 emails accounts set to "usage" (microsoft and google), glance screen on, brightness at max with auto.

On weekends, asuming same usage, my phone can last 2 days.
    05-12-2014 06:17 PM
    Did it take anyone a couple of weeks for their battery to calibrate and get better?
    05-13-2014 05:57 PM
    Did it take anyone a couple of weeks for their battery to calibrate and get better?
    I would say that mine took a week before it was up to where it was before on 8.0 but it is much better now than when I was on 8.0

I would give it a few, maybe 3-4 full charges to get there.
    05-13-2014 06:16 PM
    I would say that mine took a week before it was up to where it was before on 8.0 but it is much better now than when I was on 8.0

I would give it a few, maybe 3-4 full charges to get there.
    It has been past a week since I got it. Almost 2. At 55%, my estimated time is 3 hours and I haven't been doing much. I guess 8.1 will make it better?
    05-13-2014 06:21 PM
    It has been past a week since I got it. Almost 2. At 55%, my estimated time is 3 hours and I haven't been doing much. I guess 8.1 will make it better?
    When you reset your phone did you restore your settings or set it up as new. I know that your on 8.0 but as your running out of ideas.

Don't put too much pass on the estimated time especially if you have been using the phone because the way it works is that it takes your usage over the last hour or couple of hours and tells you then how long the battery will last with that usage.
    05-13-2014 08:53 PM
    When you reset your phone did you restore your settings or set it up as new. I know that your on 8.0 but as your running out of ideas.

Don't put too much pass on the estimated time especially if you have been using the phone because the way it works is that it takes your usage over the last hour or couple of hours and tells you then how long the battery will last with that usage.
    I started fresh when I restarted it. I just want my phone to last a full day. I don't have any apps running in the background.
    05-13-2014 10:08 PM
    9 hours of estimated battery life at 100% :/
    05-15-2014 10:21 AM
    VERY interesting.

My phone seems to be stuck on "1 day, 7 hours" even after this last 8.1 update.

But I should let it run all the way down to get an accurate gauge.
    05-15-2014 11:10 AM
    9 hours of estimated battery life at 100% :/
    Don't go by what it says is left, go by how long it lasts.
    05-16-2014 09:14 AM
    Thread revival.
    Regarding battery monitoring.
    What battery monitoring apps are you guys using?

What's the best out there?

Some people say using a battery monitoring app kills battery quicker. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, since the recent update. My battery only lasts 1day now. Whereas before it would last 1day and 6 Hours from full charge.
    06-11-2014 08:50 PM
    Thread revival.

Some people say using a battery monitoring app kills battery quicker. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, since the recent update. My battery only lasts 1day now. Whereas before it would last 1day and 6 Hours from full charge.

It doesn't kill it quicker. People are just overly paranoid.
    06-11-2014 09:22 PM
    Thread revival.

WP8.1 has one built-in. It's Battery Saver.

Otherwise, I'd go for a jack of all trades if I were you. Insider is your next best bet.
    06-11-2014 09:31 PM
    I have the 1520 and was pulling my hair out with three things, battery, heat and the infamous "resuming" after unlocking it. For me the fix was turning off WiFi, plain and simple. I have tested this by running it with WiFi off for a few days then WiFi on. Every time it is off all of the above improves every time. I am running the most current version of 8.1. Good luck and feel free to ask me questions. Oh, I am a moderate to light user and get two days on a charge.
    Take care.
    06-11-2014 09:47 PM
    It doesn't kill it quicker. People are just overly paranoid.
    I did some tests with a spare 925 I have where I left the phone in the same place with only the battery app working in the background and over the time I tested the battery apps the worst one was "Battery" app by Arthur Semenov was the worst on the battery, ironically in the app it even showed on the graph how much battery the app itself used as you could see the dip in the graph every time it took a reading.

On the 925 it used an extra 30% of battery per day while the phone was left on the table and not used at all. The graph would show a dip every 38 minutes(I think, it was a few months ago) and would dip to 6% so would look something like ____/\___/\___ but upside down to that. It would take about 20 minutes from the start of the dip to when it was back up again.

The omen that used the least was "Insider" but I had to test that using time only as it doesn't have a graph or at least not a detailed one. Over the 24 hours it would use an extra 3-6% so very little. I use Insider Pro on my 1520 and I have a standby rate of 0.3% per hour but that is with almost 20 apps running in the background and 10 or so live tiles, location, Bluetooth and WiFi all turned on.
    06-12-2014 02:11 AM
    How are people getting 3 days on their 1520??
    06-12-2014 10:17 AM
    How are people getting 3 days on their 1520??
    2 days, 12 hours is my longest so far. Could have gotten more.
    06-12-2014 10:42 AM
    2 days, 12 hours is my longest so far. Could have gotten more.

So how are you achieving that?

Mine lasts an entire day. For me that's 8am to 11pm.
    It gets up to 20%+-

Is checking StarWars tiny death star considered being a power user.
    06-12-2014 07:32 PM
    So how are you achieving that?

Mine lasts an entire day. For me that's 8am to 11pm.
    It gets up to 20%+-

Is checking StarWars tiny death star considered being a power user.
    That day I haven't played any games. Some streaming Bluetooth music streaming in the car. Email checking, tapatalk and some browsing. Just my normal flow.
    06-12-2014 11:42 PM
    I'm a massive user while at work and I still come home with 40% This is with 3 hours call time, constantly surfing the web, streaming YouTube and podcast. The phone barely leaves my hands while at work. As many have stated standby time is incredible, it loses only 3% in 8 hours. This is with WiFi on, location services running, two email account syncing every two hours and 8 background task running. I wonder if it will get better with 8.1.
    06-13-2014 01:55 AM
    I factory rest my 1520 today.
    Loaded all my stuff back.

Full batter now shows 1day and 19 hours. That's better!!
    06-14-2014 05:24 AM
73 123