Can someone please help my jaded views on battery life with a 1520?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
VERY interesting.

My phone seems to be stuck on "1 day, 7 hours" even after this last 8.1 update.

But I should let it run all the way down to get an accurate gauge.

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Thread revival.
Regarding battery monitoring.
What battery monitoring apps are you guys using?

What's the best out there?

Some people say using a battery monitoring app kills battery quicker. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, since the recent update. My battery only lasts 1day now. Whereas before it would last 1day and 6 Hours from full charge.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thread revival.

Some people say using a battery monitoring app kills battery quicker. What are your thoughts on that?

Also, since the recent update. My battery only lasts 1day now. Whereas before it would last 1day and 6 Hours from full charge.

It doesn't kill it quicker. People are just overly paranoid.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thread revival.

WP8.1 has one built-in. It's Battery Saver.

Otherwise, I'd go for a jack of all trades if I were you. Insider is your next best bet.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the 1520 and was pulling my hair out with three things, battery, heat and the infamous "resuming" after unlocking it. For me the fix was turning off WiFi, plain and simple. I have tested this by running it with WiFi off for a few days then WiFi on. Every time it is off all of the above improves every time. I am running the most current version of 8.1. Good luck and feel free to ask me questions. Oh, I am a moderate to light user and get two days on a charge.
Take care.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't kill it quicker. People are just overly paranoid.

I did some tests with a spare 925 I have where I left the phone in the same place with only the battery app working in the background and over the time I tested the battery apps the worst one was "Battery" app by Arthur Semenov was the worst on the battery, ironically in the app it even showed on the graph how much battery the app itself used as you could see the dip in the graph every time it took a reading.

On the 925 it used an extra 30% of battery per day while the phone was left on the table and not used at all. The graph would show a dip every 38 minutes(I think, it was a few months ago) and would dip to 6% so would look something like ____/\___/\___ but upside down to that. It would take about 20 minutes from the start of the dip to when it was back up again.

The omen that used the least was "Insider" but I had to test that using time only as it doesn't have a graph or at least not a detailed one. Over the 24 hours it would use an extra 3-6% so very little. I use Insider Pro on my 1520 and I have a standby rate of 0.3% per hour but that is with almost 20 apps running in the background and 10 or so live tiles, location, Bluetooth and WiFi all turned on.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So how are you achieving that?

Mine lasts an entire day. For me that's 8am to 11pm.
It gets up to 20%+-

Is checking StarWars tiny death star considered being a power user.

That day I haven't played any games. Some streaming Bluetooth music streaming in the car. Email checking, tapatalk and some browsing. Just my normal flow.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm a massive user while at work and I still come home with 40% This is with 3 hours call time, constantly surfing the web, streaming YouTube and podcast. The phone barely leaves my hands while at work. As many have stated standby time is incredible, it loses only 3% in 8 hours. This is with WiFi on, location services running, two email account syncing every two hours and 8 background task running. I wonder if it will get better with 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans