Aio Wireless + AT&T Lumia 1520 = No Visual Voicemail :(

Shamrock

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get Visual Voicemail enabled on this phone? Aio chat keeps telling me there is no feasible way to get visual voicemail to work. I know AT&T has to provision for their users, but I really feel like there is some way to force it to work.

Does anyone know how to get Visual Voicemail to work without relying on a 3rd party service? I've used Google Voice and would continue to, but obviously, without a client to view my voicemails, it is kind of pointless.

​Thanks! :D

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No, I have a 920 on Aio. There's not voicemail support. Although, you could always use Youmail or something like it. I use to use that back on wp7. But now days I don't really care about voicemail. I did like the Youmail because you could have it send your voicemails to your email address. It came in handy.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Visual Voicemail on the aio branded Lumia 620 works. The issue for me, aio won't release any updates past Amber, so I have to flash a global ROM, and will be in the same boat trying to get VVM working again. Are there any settings I need to check on my 620? Also, would the aio .ffu file be of any help?

wpccoder

May 22, 2014
Visit site
My wife's phone is a 520 that she got from Cricket/AIO. She has the option to enable/disable VVM. I have the 1020 but don't have the option so I'm interested in a solution if one exists.

GregoryCook

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
MagikMail app apparently lets you access youmail like other vvm apps. The set up is a little more annoying, and they get a few bucks a month for transcription, but it seems functional so far.
Yeah, Aio/Cricket has an app for Android, but not WP8. A little surprised by this as aio/cricket is appears to be pushing the low-end nokia line.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
There usually doesn't need to be a visual voicemail "app" for windows phone as visual voicemail is built into the OS. The issue is, the ROM needs to support it for a given carrier. The AIO 620 and 520 have working visual voicemail, as long as you just use the stock ROM. I wanted to update my 620 to Lumia Black (which aio/cricket are a55sholes for not releasing), so I had to install a country variant ROM (from GB in my case). I got Black, but I lost visual voicemail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett