Should I buy the 1520 or 1320 as next upgrade?

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently a Lumia 920 owner and apart from battery drain issues its a fantastic device and my daily driver. I want to move on in a few months time maybe Christmas period or start of next year.

The thing is before joining WP8 community I was Android user for 3 years and had Galaxy Note 2 as last device.

My main reasons for buying that phone and also for having a new phone are:

-Large Screen (for reading books and watching movies)
-Decent Camera (taking pictures especially of my kid)
-Productivity on the Go (Stylus with Note taking abilities, Office apps, Cloud content)

Being looking into WP8 devices and the only two that stand out for me that meet these needs are the Nokia Lumia 1520 and 1320.

I am torn apart from which to get its like the the 1520 is the Heavyweight champion against the wannabe contender 1320 but also value for money plays a important thing for me (wasted too much time on expensive contracts).

So please could you help me heart says get the 1520 you cant go wrong it's a beast mind says 1320 because its alot cheaper and gets the job done.

What you guys think!

Thanks in advance to all who respond!

:smile:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is hard, because my gut says one thing while my head screams another based on what you are asking. As far as performance and utility, the two will act and perfrom nearly identicle. So, really, it just boils down to Performance in the future/camera VS. what your pocketbook is telling you.

There is no doubt- none- that the L1520 is the better device. It's processor and graphics chip are of a quality you are going to get all upgrades and improvements and they will run seamless. I can suspect that is true on the L1320, but the difference in confidence is noticable. Also, the camera is of higher quality on the 1520. Like, from reviews I read, a ton better, Through in that hi-def screen, and that is my gut screaming it is worth the extra money.

But, my head says for what you need, the price difference may be the tipping point. The 1320, like all WPs, will be supported. Throw in that it really does perform as well as the 1520 at this stage and that the reviews say the camera is capable- certainly not a step back from your 920- then it is a huge (pun intended) bargain.

Simply put: If you can afford the difference, get the 1520. The advantages are too many to not be able to justify it. But, if money is truly an option and you can not look yourself in the mirror spending that kind of cash, then get the 1320 and rest assured it will meet your needs and you will enjoy it.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
a NO Brainer, get the 1520 ...
  • better processor, GPU
  • better display
  • better camera
  • price difference is not that great - 1520 is NOT 2x the price of the 1320
I paid $425 for mine, NIB, the AT&T variant on eBay.
The only reason I would go for a different model is the wireless charging (AT&T had taken out). If you're in the US, get the AT&T variant ~ $550 @ MS store online. Use promo code 'v7fgou3wx' for a 5% discount. or Google 'Microsoft Store promo eprize'

I see you're NOT in the US, good luck, I'd still get the Lumia 1520, I luv mine.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The funny thing is I went into my local Carphone Warehouse store to look at the 1520 and have a feel of it instead I cam across the same form factor in the 1320 at a lot cheaper price. Previously 1320 had totally slipped my mind that such a device existed lol. It made me think twice over my next upgrade hence this query and dilemna.

It's like the 1520 is shouting at me come and get me I'm the beast yet on the other hand the 1320 is like a poor man's 1520 version begging me to give it a second chance and I won't disappoint you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12