Are there no compatible headphones for this thing!?!

Humhead

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Acoustic Research AR Performance Series Noise Isolating Earbuds - HP1030 with Mic is working great for me. Loud and clear. Mic and controls.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to find one pair of headphones with a mic to work on this thing (1520). Even headphones labeled universal or windows phone compatible haven't worked. The only thing that has worked is Bluetooth headphones but Bluetooth makes music sound like trash. Do I have an option for something that's actually of decent quality and has mic control. Btw I'm a bit of an audiophile so I can definitely hear quality. I'm not expecting the greatest headphones ever but I would like at least apple earpod quality (which isn't a high bar to pass at all). I will definitely return my phone if I cant get anything good. its just that important to me.

There's a lot of replies already. Probably you aren't searching well enough. Anyway, mine is from Coloud (don't remember if it's Boom or Knock). Here's a quick review:
Wires - they call it the 'Zound Lasso'. It doesn't curl up like other wires because it's flat.
Sound -bass lines can be heard will and depending on how you set the Dolby equalizer but I can say it's better than iPhone's
Mic function
Remote control: One physical button for pause, okay, previous and next. Also usable during calls for answering and hanging up.

Plus you can choose from different colors to accentuate your phone's color. I bought the red and black ones driver I have a glossy red phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. One thing I think a few people missed is that I'm an audiophile. Bluetooth headphones are out of the question because they sound absolutely terrible (how do you not hear the audio compression going on?). If the phone had aptX it would probably be considered but that's just not the case. Also some headphones suggested are just terrible quality from boutique companies. I'm shocked some of you bought some of these cans. I should have mentioned that I'm looking for in-ear headphones. Sorry. From my understanding the purity headphones were completely discontinued but I'm sure I should still be able to find them somewhere. I think those and the Samsung suggestion might be my best option. Thank you all. I'll try those and see what they sound/control like.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
try yurbuds..there is a model at Amazon

Yurbuds Signature Series LaMichael James Black Headphones by Yurbuds

I had some of the issues you described although mine was on a N920 and these completely took care of it and sound great.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your replies. One thing I think a few people missed is that I'm an audiophile. Bluetooth headphones are out of the question because they sound absolutely terrible (how do you not hear the audio compression going on?). If the phone had aptX it would probably be considered but that's just not the case. Also some headphones suggested are just terrible quality from boutique companies. I'm shocked some of you bought some of these cans. I should have mentioned that I'm looking for in-ear headphones. Sorry. From my understanding the purity headphones were completely discontinued but I'm sure I should still be able to find them somewhere. I think those and the Samsung suggestion might be my best option. Thank you all. I'll try those and see what they sound/control like.

if your a self confessed audiofile as you put it why not just buy an adapter and use your own headphones?? I personally wont spend over ?50 on headphones because I use them in a active job with a bag going right across my chest where the headphone wire is

everyones hearing is different as are ear shapes but the cheap and cheerful skullcandy titan 2.0 sound much better to the Samsung ear buds I got with my s4 but then I like warmth and depth to my music where as the next person might like there music to be more flat , it all depends on what your running through your headphones as well , I listen to rap , dnb , hard trance , reggae , psytance , with some different types of bands , most of my music is pretty much bass influenced so I want headphones that aren't tinny etc

to be honest I found your last reply a little insulting to people that have helped you or offered you choices , you could have just said thanks but you chose to have a pop at the choices people have offered which is a bit uncalled for and one persons opinion on good headphones will vary to the next persons based on price , build quality , sound performance etc etc

anyways good luck with the headphones and hope you find a pair your happy with ;-)

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

I mentioned the Bose ones. They have really rich sound (full spectrum). They are in ear. And they have working mic and control (play/pause, answer call etc). In my honest opinion, you should try them out.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm not trying to insult. Good quality headphones are not an opinion. I'm not listening to music for warmth or bass enhancement. I'm listening to music to hear it exactly as it should be. I mostly listen to my own music they're for I have the advantage of knowing exactly how it should sound. I don't want to exaggerate anything. I just want the music to sound like music and nothing else. A lot of suggestions compensate for the music by EQ' Ing the music or compressing and any audiophile knows these things l lower the quality of the play back because they introduce artifacts that are not actually in the music like saturation, distortion etc.

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not looking for anything special. Just basic headphones that are somewhat neutral.

What's good about the Samsung Galaxy in ear headphones that I mention aside from good neutral, balanced audio playback is that you can possibly get them for free from the in store carrier, lol.

I was cool with a few store associates and I was able to get a pair of never used headphones from a returned galaxy phone package being sent back to the warehouse.

My headset got snagged once or twice on someone's backpack on the subway, so it was cool being able to ask if they had any returns and get a headset for free.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not looking for anything special. Just basic headphones that are somewhat neutral.

Uhm am an AKG//NAD/PSB guy, and IMHO *in Obi Wan voice* You don't need a Headphone with Microphone.

IF you like to hear your Music with great/decent SQ just buy a dedicated Headphone for Music and just use the headset included in your 1520 for calls.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to find one pair of headphones with a mic to work on this thing (1520). Even headphones labeled universal or windows phone compatible haven't worked. The only thing that has worked is Bluetooth headphones but Bluetooth makes music sound like trash. Do I have an option for something that's actually of decent quality and has mic control. Btw I'm a bit of an audiophile so I can definitely hear quality. I'm not expecting the greatest headphones ever but I would like at least apple earpod quality (which isn't a high bar to pass at all). I will definitely return my phone if I cant get anything good. its just that important to me.

You dont mention any budget?

You need Android headphones with separate colume control...

I have these: Sennheiser MM 70s Universal Smartphone Headset with Inline MM70S Good solid earphones.

But then I also bought these, which sound amazing: 2-Driver In-Ear with Smartphone Remote - XBA2VP Review - Sony US

With both of these everything works, mic, track control / phone call answering and volume control.

EDIT: Ok now I read little more and saw you appreciate sound quality. Check the Sony's out, I dont think you will be dissapointed. Im sure you can find a good deal from eBay or somewhere for them.

EDIT 2:

Nope, the volume control of iPhone headphones will not work on WP's. Stop posting things you dont know about!

Last edited:

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've already ordered the purity headset. And I also ordered monster DNA universal headset (although I'm not a fan of monster) so hopefully I can get one to work fully with the phone.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
What's good about the Samsung Galaxy in ear headphones that I mention aside from good neutral, balanced audio playback is that you can possibly get them for free from the in store carrier, lol.

I was cool with a few store associates and I was able to get a pair of never used headphones from a returned galaxy phone package being sent back to the warehouse.

My headset got snagged once or twice on someone's backpack on the subway, so it was cool being able to ask if they had any returns and get a headset for free.
I tried to get some from Amazon but it was full of counterfeit knock offs. There were so many reviews saying they were fake I didn't feel I could order any. Maybe at&t will have some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs