Discontinued :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

megajo123

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Unlocked) (Black)

Apparently Negri Electronics, the only company that ships the so called 1520.3 to Canada (for under 800$) has discontinued the black Lumia 1520. Does this mean all the others will be discontinued too?!?!!!? It was previously on backorder, so I'm wondering if Nokia stopped production or something... I don't see why they would being one of their best phones, the only reason I can see are the Windows Phone 8.1 phones that are coming. Does any have any answers to this problem!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And does anyone know any other site that ships to Canada? NewEgg.com only ships to the USA and of course NewEgg.ca has less than half the stuff as the United States version..:crying:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I highly doubt that MS would stop producing the 1520! As you said it's one of their best phones so it would make no sense whatsoever :winktongue:
On top of that the support for WP8 is still going so that's proof that MS will not be stopping with WP 8 phones that already exist..
This is prolly just sth with the company Negri Electronics

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It is your definition of Discontinued. It means different things to different folks. To some it means

1) they are not going to make it anymore
2) they are no longer selling it anymore
3) they are out of stock, and don't know when or if it will be restocked.

Back-ordered means they are expecting more, but if they are not expecting more, then it got discontinued.

Dr Love PhD

Banned
Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
It is your definition of Discontinued. It means different things to different folks. To some it means

1) they are not going to make it anymore
2) they are no longer selling it anymore
3) they are out of stock, and don't know when or if it will be restocked.

Back-ordered means they are expecting more, but if they are not expecting more, then it got discontinued.

Not true on all points. I have a PhD. I know what I'm saying here. Even backorder may be different from one retailer to another. Ontological outlook is the specific mechanism whereby individuals / groups/ see reality......

Edit: I see you addressed that folks see things differently, good man.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you know that English is the second hardest language to understand? I mean, to too and two? All sound the same, but mean something different. I have a GED, so I don't talk, read our even understand everything, what I learned, was what I was taught in the streets and what I found from reading. (Reading has got to be one of the best things a person can learn) So now the question, how many folks here are so well educated that would even know what Ontological means without looking out up? Not me... 🙎

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
how many folks here are so well educated that would even know what Ontological means without looking out up? Not me... ��

Native English speaker here, and I didnt know what the f** that meant before looking it up. Never had a reason to use that word, and I doubt I ever will.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
They cannot discontinue a device that is about to be relaunched as a new color. Chances are NegriElectronics is just stopping it for number of reasons. Maybe the color wasn't popular. While its their best device by specs, sales are just as important.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that English is the second hardest language to understand? I mean, to too and two? All sound the same, but mean something different. I have a GED, so I don't talk, read our even understand everything, what I learned, was what I was taught in the streets and what I found from reading. (Reading has got to be one of the best things a person can learn) So now the question, how many folks here are so well educated that would even know what Ontological means without looking out up? Not me... ��

I do. But I do philosophy so...

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that English is the second hardest language to understand? I mean, to too and two? All sound the same, but mean something different. I have a GED, so I don't talk, read our even understand everything, what I learned, was what I was taught in the streets and what I found from reading. (Reading has got to be one of the best things a person can learn) So now the question, how many folks here are so well educated that would even know what Ontological means without looking out up? Not me... ��

I think that the people that shout the loudest often have to do it to compensate for other areas they lack in. Knowledge is nothing without experience.

We could all talk about how good we are a different things but not all feel the need to.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Come on gang.... Phones. We talk about phones here. Sometimes tablets, often sports on the "Off Topic" thread, but never lack of educations or borderline insults about intellegence.

Let's refocus this thread back to the completely untrue subject of the L1520 getting discontinued, which just ain't happening until like 2015, in my humble unimportant opinion.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
On to logical...it seems possible (maybe not probable) that the 1520 will be repackaged or modified due to the MS-Nokia purchase and the implementation of WP 8.1 so there is a small chance that Negri is not getting re-stocked with exactly the 1520.3.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a PhD. I know what I'm saying here.

That's the silliest thing I've ever read.

We have no possibility to confirm you having a PhD, and even though I assume you have it (it's really nothing special), it doesn't make you right. It just tells us you have spent time with a specific topic (we don't know which one) for a few years and some university was kind enough to honor it with a title.

Last edited:

Bram Vanroy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
how many folks here are so well educated that would even know what Ontological means without looking out up? Not me... ��

I do and English isn't even my first language... Nor my second... :D (I know what ontological means because of Anselm of Canterbury's proof of the existence of God. Interesting read, though not easy.)

To be honest I highly doubt that English is the second most difficult language to learn. I have studied a few (French, English, German, Latin & Greek) and English would be the easiest of those. At least for basic usage.

On topic: what is the meaning of the "3"? 1520.3?

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Not a native speaker here, but have you seen Chinese, Korean or Arabic? In Korean, the subject is most cases not present, and the sentences are subject-object-verb, so you'll need to figure out the subject and object. And in Arabic, short vowels are not written. Hr s n xmpl f vwllss sntnc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster