07-08-2014 01:24 PM
49 12
tools
    i have a navy Stilgut case I bought from Amazon. Extremely premium feel and look. All four corners are fully covered and protected, and the screen is padded slightly when shut. Leather is soft, and it provides actual protection from drops. I notice on a lot of the leather covers, the corners are not covered. Before I bought this case, I dropped my phone, hit a corner, and shattered the screen. $200 in repairs later, I made sure the case I got was protective, beautiful, and without a lot of bulk.
    06-10-2014 12:06 PM
    i have a navy Stilgut case I bought from Amazon. Extremely premium feel and look. All four corners are fully covered and protected, and the screen is padded slightly when shut. Leather is soft, and it provides actual protection from drops. I notice on a lot of the leather covers, the corners are not covered. Before I bought this case, I dropped my phone, hit a corner, and shattered the screen. $200 in repairs later, I made sure the case I got was protective, beautiful, and without a lot of bulk.

Does the flap on the Stilgut fold completely back when the phone is in use? Have you had the unfortunate chance to test the drop protection? I'm having trouble finding a good case and the Stilgut seems almost perfect. I really don't want a larger heavier case and cover up the design of the phone.
    06-11-2014 02:12 PM
    Ok..I have a question regarding the two main premium cases (Piel frama & Stilgut). Do they allow calls when the case is closed? Any screen activity if the case is closed and the screen not locked? To the guys who bought the piel frama..what is the edge protection like? do you feel insecure when handling the phone with the case(I know they use suction cups rather than actual plastic protectors)? And to the guys with the Stilgut. Is it too bulky? Problems if any?
    06-19-2014 06:02 AM
    Ok..I have a question regarding the two main premium cases (Piel frama & Stilgut). Do they allow calls when the case is closed? Any screen activity if the case is closed and the screen not locked? To the guys who bought the piel frama..what is the edge protection like? do you feel insecure when handling the phone with the case
    Not as insecure as they would if it was pink with purple flowers on it
    06-19-2014 07:58 AM
    I found a pretty decent one that I imported from Mozo in Finland. I like it 9/10.

06-19-2014 10:50 PM
    Not as insecure as they would if it was pink with purple flowers on it
    lol smartass. I'll rephrase. Does the adhesive really hold the phone well?
    06-19-2014 10:52 PM
    Its nice to see someone make cases just for the lumia devices. How long have you had it for? Is it bulky? Any other small gripes?
    06-19-2014 11:02 PM
    I've had it for two days. No it isn't bulky. Only small gripe I would say is that the case that my phone slips in is gloss black. My phone is white.
    06-19-2014 11:04 PM
    Any premium cases similar to the ottherbox? I like cases that protect entirely the phone. Nothing exposed.
    06-19-2014 11:32 PM
    So i am tired of searching..... Has annybody seen a new premium case for our phone?
    Like CaseMate, Spigen SGP, Otterbox,...

I am fed up with this cheap amzer shaite.
    There is a cas on bay that costs 4 and its leather. Covers back and front and case is closed with a magnet lock. Its a nice fit and doesn't make the camera lens touch the surface when you put it down
    06-20-2014 06:57 PM
    I miss having my phone on my hip broke my last 1520 having it in my pocket and chasing a toddler.
    06-20-2014 11:30 PM
    That is nice. How does it go into the pocket though, seems chunky? Making a phone call difficult? I just bought this case: AIMO HypeKick Hybrid Gummy Case with Kickstand for Nokia Lumia 1520 [AT&T] - (Black / Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Reminds me of a Trident Aegis case I had for a Titan II.
    Are you referring to my leather case or someone else's?

Mine surprisingly still fits in my pocket. Also, Mozo made it where you can talk on the phone with the case opened or closed. Not bad.
    HeyAuldGuys likes this.
    06-22-2014 07:46 AM
    First off, I am sorry for the delay on this review. Things got very busy the past few weeks and it slipped under the radar.

Ordered the Piel Frama case from Spain using the pielframa.com site. Service from the company is excellent. Angelica Menacho is the export manager and communicates the status from order to shipment. The total cost including UPS Express Shipping to the USA was 50.00 EUR.
    The quality as you would expect is excellent. I got the tan color which goes well with my white 1520. If you are interested in this product suggest going to their website and watch the video. They are a quality company and I was very impressed with their customer service.
    07-01-2014 07:28 AM
    First off, I am sorry for the delay on this review. Things got very busy the past few weeks and it slipped under the radar.

Ordered the Piel Frama case from Spain using the pielframa.com site. Service from the company is excellent. Angelica Menacho is the export manager and communicates the status from order to shipment. The total cost including UPS Express Shipping to the USA was 50.00 EUR.
    The quality as you would expect is excellent. I got the tan color which goes well with my white 1520. If you are interested in this product suggest going to their website and watch the video. They are a quality company and I was very impressed with their customer service.

I watched the video. Nice design. I have a similar one from Finland. Have you tried using a wireless charger with it in that case? Surprisingly mine still charges.

Also, do those metal tabs do anything? Like is it magnetic or something? What about the adhesive backing that keeps the phone in place? Any worries there?

Thanks in advance.
    07-01-2014 08:14 AM
    I watched the video. Nice design. I have a similar one from Finland. Have you tried using a wireless charger with it in that case? Surprisingly mine still charges.

Also, do those metal tabs do anything? Like is it magnetic or something? What about the adhesive backing that keeps the phone in place? Any worries there?

Thanks in advance.
    1. I have not used the wireless charger so cannot answer, sorry !
    2. The metal tab on the front is there just for decoration and as a reference for "front" and "up" It does not touch the phone
    3. I must admit the adhesive backing was one of my concerns asking "could those little adhesive bubbles really hold the phone" ....well the answer is
    Yes....it is really awesome the way it holds, and you can take the phone off and put it back on and it still holds. I have really put it through it's
    paces and am impressed.
    Hope this helps, be glad to answer any other questions
    07-01-2014 11:45 AM
    1. I have not used the wireless charger so cannot answer, sorry !
    2. The metal tab on the front is there just for decoration and as a reference for "front" and "up" It does not touch the phone
    3. I must admit the adhesive backing was one of my concerns asking "could those little adhesive bubbles really hold the phone" ....well the answer is
    Yes....it is really awesome the way it holds, and you can take the phone off and put it back on and it still holds. I have really put it through it's
    paces and am impressed.
    Hope this helps, be glad to answer any other questions
    Any chance of a photo of it on your white 1520 and you can remove it as many times as you want without it loosing stickiness?
    07-01-2014 12:21 PM
    I have removed it once and the suction pads are holding fine. I do not know if there is a limit...but with the configuration of the 1520....there is really no need, as sim and memory card are both accessible.

img_0523.jpgimg_0524.jpg
    07-01-2014 01:33 PM
    Thx bro! Excellent review and pics.
    Will deffinitelly order THAT case :))
    07-03-2014 05:10 PM
    Can you talk on this phone with the case closed?
    07-07-2014 06:12 AM
    I have removed it once and the suction pads are holding fine. I do not know if there is a limit...but with the configuration of the 1520....there is really no need, as sim and memory card are both accessible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0523.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	390.0 KB 
ID:	70681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0524.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	369.6 KB 
ID:	70682
    Can you talk on this with the case closed?
    07-07-2014 06:13 AM
    Ran a few tests with the case closed....and yes....it seems to work fine. Was in my car calling a friend and said it was good quality. Also did a few voice mails with no problem. With the mic position being near the bottom opening, the pickup seems OK
    07-07-2014 12:24 PM
    Can you use this case as a simple stand (in horizontal position)?

Sent from my 41716VG using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 01:36 AM
    You need something to brace the back of the case. It will not stand on it's own
    07-08-2014 11:05 AM
    I mean use as a stand with cover flipped back. It is for sure doable, but is it stable?

Sent from my 41716VG using Tapatalk
    07-08-2014 01:24 PM
49 12