Any new PREMIUM cases for lumia 1520?

The_Greys

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Certainly not a huge possibility, I have used this type of case on my HD7, 820, 920, and 925 with the screens being in perfect condition when I sold them. I use the slots more for business cards than credit cards but sometimes stick my DL and other must have cards in it for a beach trip and yes it goes in a water proof bag to keep sand out. I don't think the average credit card can scratch GG II.. I guess that is why there are so many different styles of cases. I certainly don't think my opinion is the only correct one. Different strokes, different folks..

Easycure1974

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Certainly not a huge possibility, I have used this type of case on my HD7, 820, 920, and 925 with the screens being in perfect condition when I sold them. I use the slots more for business cards than credit cards but sometimes stick my DL and other must have cards in it for a beach trip and yes it goes in a water proof bag to keep sand out. I don't think the average credit card can scratch GG II.. I guess that is why there are so many different styles of cases. I certainly don't think my opinion is the only correct one. Different strokes, different folks..

I have seen many screens destroyed buy cards in wallets. They make an ugly "line" on the screen. I bought my 1520 second hand from a girl that has been using it with a wallet and three cards for one month. There were three ugly lines on the screen. With the screen naked they are very visible but with a protector on I don't notice them that much

Skickat fr?n min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand ppl that are buying cases for protection and than they have card slots integrated!?!?
Have u ever considered that such "protection" is totally obsolete?!
I mean the FIRST and most important protection goes to the screen and ppl are reporting that they scratched it with tiny crubles of sand that came into the case. And on the other hand u go and even pay for a case where u can put 4 cards in that come in direct contact with the screen?!?!
Dont u think that there is a huge possibićity that u will destroy ur screen?

The only premium cases, i have seen are PIELFRAMA, PUHAMA or FILZSTUECK ( the latter two u can find on etsy.com)

I have been thinking that since the first time I seen one years ago.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up......have ordered, and will report back after I receive. Since they are hand made....it will probably be about two weeks

Actually, looking at it, I prefer this one to the one I was going to order from tuff luv, but I am a little worried about screen damage from credit cards.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
i have a navy Stilgut case I bought from Amazon. Extremely premium feel and look. All four corners are fully covered and protected, and the screen is padded slightly when shut. Leather is soft, and it provides actual protection from drops. I notice on a lot of the leather covers, the corners are not covered. Before I bought this case, I dropped my phone, hit a corner, and shattered the screen. $200 in repairs later, I made sure the case I got was protective, beautiful, and without a lot of bulk.

TechoGeek

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
i have a navy Stilgut case I bought from Amazon. Extremely premium feel and look. All four corners are fully covered and protected, and the screen is padded slightly when shut. Leather is soft, and it provides actual protection from drops. I notice on a lot of the leather covers, the corners are not covered. Before I bought this case, I dropped my phone, hit a corner, and shattered the screen. $200 in repairs later, I made sure the case I got was protective, beautiful, and without a lot of bulk.

Does the flap on the Stilgut fold completely back when the phone is in use? Have you had the unfortunate chance to test the drop protection? I'm having trouble finding a good case and the Stilgut seems almost perfect. I really don't want a larger heavier case and cover up the design of the phone.

johnyboy82

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok..I have a question regarding the two main premium cases (Piel frama & Stilgut). Do they allow calls when the case is closed? Any screen activity if the case is closed and the screen not locked? To the guys who bought the piel frama..what is the edge protection like? do you feel insecure when handling the phone with the case(I know they use suction cups rather than actual plastic protectors)? And to the guys with the Stilgut. Is it too bulky? Problems if any?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok..I have a question regarding the two main premium cases (Piel frama & Stilgut). Do they allow calls when the case is closed? Any screen activity if the case is closed and the screen not locked? To the guys who bought the piel frama..what is the edge protection like? do you feel insecure when handling the phone with the case

Not as insecure as they would if it was pink with purple flowers on it :evil:

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I found a pretty decent one that I imported from Mozo in Finland. I like it 9/10.

14462009674_d042d7fe4f_c.jpg

14462006524_d1418dacdf_c.jpg

14276536978_e1b3401fd8_c.jpg

14276524630_d2aa6db2cb_c.jpg

14440028896_57caf217fd_c.jpg

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had it for two days. No it isn't bulky. Only small gripe I would say is that the case that my phone slips in is gloss black. My phone is white.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
So i am tired of searching..... Has annybody seen a new premium case for our phone?
Like CaseMate, Spigen SGP, Otterbox,...

I am fed up with this cheap amzer shaite.

There is a cas on bay that costs ?4 and its leather. Covers back and front and case is closed with a magnet lock. Its a nice fit and doesn't make the camera lens touch the surface when you put it down

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That is nice. How does it go into the pocket though, seems chunky? Making a phone call difficult? I just bought this case: AIMO HypeKick Hybrid Gummy Case with Kickstand for Nokia Lumia 1520 [AT&T] - (Black / Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Reminds me of a Trident Aegis case I had for a Titan II.
Are you referring to my leather case or someone else's?

Mine surprisingly still fits in my pocket. Also, Mozo made it where you can talk on the phone with the case opened or closed. Not bad.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
First off, I am sorry for the delay on this review. Things got very busy the past few weeks and it slipped under the radar.

Ordered the Piel Frama case from Spain using the pielframa.com site. Service from the company is excellent. Angelica Menacho is the export manager and communicates the status from order to shipment. The total cost including UPS Express Shipping to the USA was 50.00 EUR.
The quality as you would expect is excellent. I got the tan color which goes well with my white 1520. If you are interested in this product suggest going to their website and watch the video. They are a quality company and I was very impressed with their customer service.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
First off, I am sorry for the delay on this review. Things got very busy the past few weeks and it slipped under the radar.

Ordered the Piel Frama case from Spain using the pielframa.com site. Service from the company is excellent. Angelica Menacho is the export manager and communicates the status from order to shipment. The total cost including UPS Express Shipping to the USA was 50.00 EUR.
The quality as you would expect is excellent. I got the tan color which goes well with my white 1520. If you are interested in this product suggest going to their website and watch the video. They are a quality company and I was very impressed with their customer service.

I watched the video. Nice design. I have a similar one from Finland. Have you tried using a wireless charger with it in that case? Surprisingly mine still charges.

Also, do those metal tabs do anything? Like is it magnetic or something? What about the adhesive backing that keeps the phone in place? Any worries there?

Thanks in advance.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I watched the video. Nice design. I have a similar one from Finland. Have you tried using a wireless charger with it in that case? Surprisingly mine still charges.

Also, do those metal tabs do anything? Like is it magnetic or something? What about the adhesive backing that keeps the phone in place? Any worries there?

Thanks in advance.

1. I have not used the wireless charger so cannot answer, sorry !
2. The metal tab on the front is there just for decoration and as a reference for "front" and "up" It does not touch the phone
3. I must admit the adhesive backing was one of my concerns asking "could those little adhesive bubbles really hold the phone" ....well the answer is
Yes....it is really awesome the way it holds, and you can take the phone off and put it back on and it still holds. I have really put it through it's
paces and am impressed.
Hope this helps, be glad to answer any other questions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion