This happened quite a number of times for my 1520. I was trying to scroll by dragging the screen but it ended up as tapping on links, tiles, etc. Not app specified. And also, I realized that if I move my finger slowly, regardless of apps, the scrolling doesn't follow my finger immediately. I need to move the finger for quite a distance before the screen starts to follow. Sent to Nokia center couple of times, but they claimed nothing is wrong with it.

Anyone facing similar issues too? I don't have such problem with the 1020 though.
    05-12-2014 12:49 AM
    This happened quite a number of times for my 1520. I was trying to scroll by dragging the screen but it ended up as tapping on links, tiles, etc. Not app specified. And also, I realized that if I move my finger slowly, regardless of apps, the scrolling doesn't follow my finger immediately. I need to move the finger for quite a distance before the screen starts to follow. Sent to Nokia center couple of times, but they claimed nothing is wrong with it.

Anyone facing similar issues too?
    It's a common issue w/ 1520...Hopefully it gets fixed w/ the next firmware update. If not, then its a hardware issue, and Nokia doesn't want to acknowledge it...

I've sent mine in a couple times...claimed nothing was wrong with mine as well...but then again, of course they are not going to find any issues since they use the Nokia Care Suite autotest feature to check for any issues when you send it in. (You can see for yourself if you download the NCS and put it in test mode).

Anyway, if you sift through these threads here, you'll find that we're not the only ones having this problem. ...I'm also getting the autobrightness/proximity sensor bug -where it takes like 10-30 secs for the autobrightness to adjust whenever you go from extreme lighting conditions (outside/inside). --This is not quite as annoying as the phantom taps though. I just turned off autoadjust...

Anyway, its kinda annoying. I feel your pain...
    Last edited by xconomicron; 05-12-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    chmun77 likes this.
    05-12-2014 12:55 AM
    It's a common issue w/ 1520...Hopefully it gets fixed w/ the next firmware update. If not, then its a hardware issue, and Nokia doesn't want to acknowledge it...

I've sent mine in a couple times...claimed nothing was wrong with mine as well...but then again, of course they are not going to find any issues since they use the Nokia Care Suite autotest feature to check for any issues when you send it in. (You can see for yourself if you download the NCS and put it in test mode).

Anyway, if you sift through these threads here, you'll find that we're not the only ones having this problem. ...I'm also getting the autobrightness/proximity sensor bug -where it takes like 10-30 secs for the autobrightness to adjust whenever you go from extreme lighting conditions (outside/inside). --This is not quite as annoying as the phantom taps though. I just turned off autoadjust...

Anyway, its kinda annoying. I feel your pain...
    Ya agree. 1520 is such a wonderful phone with all the proper specs and battery power, yet all these minor bugs are driving people crazy. Hope all these will be fixed with the 8.1.

Thanks for the feedback! :D
    05-12-2014 01:14 AM
    Feel so bad for everyone that is experiencing this...was this an issue since the 1520 launched or is this a recent bug? Also, do those with the 1520.3 experience it as well?
    05-12-2014 01:21 AM
    Feel so bad for everyone that is experiencing this...was this an issue since the 1520 launched or is this a recent bug? Also, do those with the 1520.3 experience it as well?
    First launched...

I'm not sure...I know that its widespread...Im on an ATT 1520

Tom Warren who is a well known journalist from the verge (who has a non- ATT 1520) has stated that he has the issue as well....
    peacefulberry likes this.
    05-12-2014 01:52 AM
    First launched...

I'm not sure...I know that its widespread...Im on an ATT 1520

Tom Warren who is a well known journalist from the verge (who has a non- ATT 1520) has stated that he has the issue as well....
    Oh ok. Not good. :(
    05-12-2014 01:54 AM
    05-12-2014 05:40 AM

Anyone facing similar issues too? I don't have such problem with the 1020 though.
    Welcome to Windows Phone Central! Take a look around, we have various games and a lovely search feature that can answer a lot of questions that you may have about your device. As such, the bug you're receiving with your 1520 has been reported, even a main page reference. Sorry for the inconvenience, as we're not sure what Nokia has planned for the sensitivity bug, but my guess is it'll be a part of the Cyan update later this summer. Hope you have a good time here, and again, welcome! :)
    chmun77 likes this.
    05-12-2014 05:49 AM
    I thought they did acknowledge it.
    05-12-2014 06:00 AM
    Is there a reason why some people are guessing the bug will be fixed with Cyan? I don't think Nokia has given any such indication. If they truly had a fix, they sure as heck wouldn't be waiting around to package it with Cyan given all the complaints across several forums including their own.
    xconomicron likes this.
    05-12-2014 09:55 AM
    Read it somewhere on the forums, uninstalling the touch settings from the phone settings kinda fixes this glitch, downside to it is you won't be able to use super sensitive touch till you reinstall it again. To uninstall it, you can change the date to 2114 and then click on the settings menu to uninstall it and then reboot
    05-12-2014 10:08 AM
    Read it somewhere on the forums, uninstalling the touch settings from the phone settings kinda fixes this glitch, downside to it is you won't be able to use super sensitive touch till you reinstall it again. To uninstall it, you can change the date to 2114 and then click on the settings menu to uninstall it and then reboot
    This doesn't actually work either. At least not on the two units I have. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue and they're fobbing us off as long as they can, then warranty runs out and they're no longer liable.
    hasasimo likes this.
    05-12-2014 10:36 AM
    Why hasn't this been fixed yet? Has anyone asked the execs on Twitter? This has been going on too long if it has been there since launch. This can easily be the best WP so far, but some ppl just can't use a phone with that type of issue (which is why I haven't bit the bullet yet LOL). I definitely need a new phone, but im waiting to see if this gets better or if another true note-like WP comes to the surface (pun definitely intended!)
    05-12-2014 11:43 AM
    I thought they did acknowledge it.
    Orealy? I was/am not aware.
    05-12-2014 11:45 AM
    Is there a reason why some people are guessing the bug will be fixed with Cyan? I don't think Nokia has given any such indication. If they truly had a fix, they sure as heck wouldn't be waiting around to package it with Cyan given all the complaints across several forums including their own.
    This is what I was thinking and had stated this on another thread here...as I thought this issue was more widespread than previously thought. ----however I was bashed by Nokia zionists for stating such a thing. I got so angry that I didn't revisit the 1520 threads for awhile.
    05-12-2014 11:50 AM
    I had tried this as well. I thought it worked until I got phantom taps pretty regularly.
    05-12-2014 11:53 AM