05-19-2014 09:23 PM
30 12
tools
    Is there a video that shows how to swap the shell? I keep hearing that it's really easy, so I'm tempted to learn the process in case I want to replace yellow with orange or green once that's out
    I want a green one as well (atm have a black 1520).
    P.S. Or maybe a cyan shell ><
    05-16-2014 07:07 AM
    Never mind I found the YouTube link for replacing the screen which covers the housing. Looks really simple. Now I'm off to find the yellow SD card and Sim card slots in yellow. Found a place already that's cheaper than that eBay.uk listing for the housing.
    Thanks for posting the links
    mister2d likes this.
    05-16-2014 07:42 AM
    Is there a video that shows how to swap the shell? I keep hearing that it's really easy, so I'm tempted to learn the process in case I want to replace yellow with orange or green once that's out
    I couldn't find a link to a good video but it really is easy.
    All you do is remove the sim and sd card trays.

Then remove the screw that is behind the sticker that you can see when you have removed the sim and sd card trays.

Then I use a sucker with a ring on it stuck to the top of the phones screen to pull the screen up while holding the body of the phone and it comes away with just a little pressure on the sucker.

The back comes right off so no wires to disconnect or anything and no swapping of parts from one back to the other.

With the new back all you do is put the bottom of the screen in first and then work your way up the sides of the screen pushing down to make sure that it is all seated right especially the rubber seal that goes around the screen.

Put your screw back in but be careful to not over tighten it.

Put the sticker back on but I didn't as I will be changing the back again. Instead I stuck the sticker on a piece of non stick paper like the stuff you get decals on and I put it in a safe place in case I need to send the phone for repair.

Pop your trays back in and enjoy your new look 1520
    hasasimo and mister2d like this.
    05-16-2014 08:24 AM
    Thanks for posting the links

Yeah yeah. Here it goes.

Will6371 likes this.
    05-16-2014 04:51 PM
    Yellow is just to sweet

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2014 09:23 PM
30 12