What color to get?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is a straight swap, takes less than 5 minutes to do it.

Is there a video that shows how to swap the shell? I keep hearing that it's really easy, so I'm tempted to learn the process in case I want to replace yellow with orange or green once that's out :smile:

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there a video that shows how to swap the shell? I keep hearing that it's really easy, so I'm tempted to learn the process in case I want to replace yellow with orange or green once that's out :smile:

Yes please do tell. That housing is around $100USD.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Never mind I found the YouTube link for replacing the screen which covers the housing. Looks really simple. Now I'm off to find the yellow SD card and Sim card slots in yellow. Found a place already that's cheaper than that eBay.uk listing for the housing.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Never mind I found the YouTube link for replacing the screen which covers the housing. Looks really simple. Now I'm off to find the yellow SD card and Sim card slots in yellow. Found a place already that's cheaper than that eBay.uk listing for the housing.

Thanks for posting the links :eck:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I couldn't find a link to a good video but it really is easy.
All you do is remove the sim and sd card trays.

Then remove the screw that is behind the sticker that you can see when you have removed the sim and sd card trays.

Then I use a sucker with a ring on it stuck to the top of the phones screen to pull the screen up while holding the body of the phone and it comes away with just a little pressure on the sucker.

The back comes right off so no wires to disconnect or anything and no swapping of parts from one back to the other.

With the new back all you do is put the bottom of the screen in first and then work your way up the sides of the screen pushing down to make sure that it is all seated right especially the rubber seal that goes around the screen.

Put your screw back in but be careful to not over tighten it.

Put the sticker back on but I didn't as I will be changing the back again. Instead I stuck the sticker on a piece of non stick paper like the stuff you get decals on and I put it in a safe place in case I need to send the phone for repair.

Pop your trays back in and enjoy your new look 1520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb