Too many complaints?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my Lumia 1520 (Black) on 6th Feb 14, after using one week I found two issues 1) brightness & 2) touch problem. Then I contacted to customer care and after testing Nokia suggest to replace the phone. But unfortunately they have only yellow colour available which I did not want to get so I denied. Nokia suggest to use new one Yellow and confirm to replace with black when ever is available in his store. Although same issue is with new piece but less than. I have contacted nokia for status of my black and every time they confirmed that is it under testing and you need not to contacted again and again as soon as it will be ready it will dispatched. On 12th May I contacted to Nokia regarding replacement with my black, they told this and that and as per discussion I felt they are not interested to replace my phone. Due to this I am very very upset. Although yellow Lumia 1520 is perfect but I dont want to use this, I like my black colour. Any solution ??

Just buy a replacement back in black. I have a black phone and got spare yellow and white backs. They are very easy to change and you can get them on ebay

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Put a case on it comes to mind, I think the new upgrade to 8.1 has cured my touch problem, but will have to keep an eye on it to see if it did.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot of "the touch problem" and those kind of things is why I opened this thread in the first place, so in what consists this problem anyway?

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a lot of "the touch problem" and those kind of things is why I opened this thread in the first place, so in what consists this problem anyway?

Chris,

The issue, in a nutshell, is that the 1520 "interprets" a swipe to move the tiles up/down/right/left occasionally as a "tap" to open a tile instead; far more often that other Lumia Models. This has been a aberration that Nokia has been attempting to fix since the day the product has been launched both at a firmware level (with several firmware updates) as well as via updated system apps.

Severity seems to vary between users which makes has definitely made it a bit more frustrating, with some users not seeing the issue at all with latest Official Release of Windows Phone and all the System App Updates, to folks who have seen little improvement regardless of what has been tried.

My own experience has seen it go up and down, with it 95% fixed using the latest Official Release of Windows Phone 8.0 and a screen protector installed (which for me does make a difference in how it reacts to touch/swipes in a slightly negative manner) to over the last 3 days having it seem about 99% fixed with the latest version of the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview and the Beta Touch System App installed.

Last edited:

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Chris,

The issue, in a nutshell, is that the 1520 "interprets" a swipe to move the tiles up/down/right/left occasionally as a "tap" to open a tile instead; far more often that other Lumia Models. This has been a aberration that Nokia has been attempting to fix since the day the product has been launched both at a firmware level (with several firmware updates) as well as via updated system apps.

Severity seems to vary between users which makes has definitely made it a bit more frustrating, with some users not seeing the issue at all with latest Official Release of Windows Phone and all the System App Updates, to folks who have seen little improvement regardless of what has been tried.

My own experience has seen it go up and down, with it 95% fixed using the latest Office Release of Windows Phone 8.0 and a screen protector installed (which for me does make a difference in how it reacts to touch/swipes in a slightly negative manner) to over the last 3 days having it seem about 99% fixed with the latest version of the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview and the Beta Touch System App installed.

Thanks Mr, I finally sold my 920 today :unhappysweat: and I'll buy the 1520 next week, now the only thing I have to worry about is the color :wink: They all look great, I have been on the cyan side twice (710 and 920) and in black (first 920), I have to decide which will it be: the classic lumia-yellow, stormtrooper white or the flashy red....

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The newest update seemed to have stopped that problem. Well at least it hasn't done it to me yet... But time will tell...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Chris, If you do get the 1520 in white could you please post some pictures when you get the chance?
I've decided in waiting until the 930 is released before deciding in which phone to upgrade too.. before playing around with a friend's red 1520 as I was setting it up - (who I recently converted from his Note and I don't think he has registered here yet but could be wrong, however I doubt it as he is really not into tech). I was dead set on the 930 and now I'm not too sure myself lol.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Chris, If you do get the 1520 in white could you please post some pictures when you get the chance?
I've decided in waiting until the 930 is released before deciding in which phone to upgrade too.. before playing around with a friend's red 1520 as I was setting it up - (who I recently converted from his Note and I don't think he has registered here yet but could be wrong, however I doubt it as he is really not into tech). I was dead set on the 930 and now I'm not too sure myself lol.

Well I tthought I was going to sell my 920 that other day but this guy only clicked on "buy now" on my advertisement and today I haven't been able to contact him, I'll give him a bad rating and then try to sell my 920 this week so no 1520 just yet till I sell it.

On the other hand, now that the release date of the 930 is getting closer I'm seriously thinking in buying it mostly because I'm not sure if the size of the 1520 could be (or not) a problem. Plus the 1520 I was considering lacks 4g support here so I'm Hopi,g for the 930 to be compatible with my carrier's 4g.

But this is not 100% certain, I'll give you a heads up latter, and yes, if I get the 1520 in white I'll happily post some pictures in here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss