1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Issue

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Issue

This might be premature and honestly makes completely no sense but after pinning the "Batter Saver" to my Start Screen, I stopped getting the wake-up lag or the heating up issue. Those who have this issue knows what I'm talking about. The phone would load up onto a black screen showing "Loading" or "Resuming" after hitting the wake-up/standby button. Often times the back of the phone is really warm when this occurs. Granted, it's only been 2 days so far, so knock on wood, but I usually don't go but half a day before the wake-up lag occurs. It doesn't really make any rational sense on why or how pinning the Batter Saver would fix the issue...but so far it has. May be correlation instead of causation, we'll see. For those with this issue, maybe try pinning the Batter Saver to your start screen? (Don't bash me if this doesn't work...just worth a try).

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Is

I also allowed for Battery Sense to run in the background instead of turning it off.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: 1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Is

This might be premature and honestly makes completely no sense but after pinning the "Batter Saver" to my Start Screen, I stopped getting the wake-up lag or the heating up issue. Those who have this issue knows what I'm talking about. The phone would load up onto a black screen showing "Loading" or "Resuming" after hitting the wake-up/standby button. Often times the back of the phone is really warm when this occurs. Granted, it's only been 2 days so far, so knock on wood, but I usually don't go but half a day before the wake-up lag occurs. It doesn't really make any rational sense on why or how pinning the Batter Saver would fix the issue...but so far it has. May be correlation instead of causation, we'll see. For those with this issue, maybe try pinning the Batter Saver to your start screen? (Don't bash me if this doesn't work...just worth a try).

My exact same issue!!!! And it get real warm and take a bit to come back

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't work on mine. I had it pinned before and unpinning didn't work either. I have a thread in my recent threads I started about battery life that you can post it in for people already paying attention there.

Kurtis Fox

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed the issue for me.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed the issue for me.

I only had it once and I unpinned Cortana tile and never happened since and that was two weeks ago. The freeze happened a few hours after I pinned the Cortana live tile.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I'll go ahead and unpin Cortana from the Start Screen.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

same problem here

resuming screen for 2-5 secs when heated

​random heating+battery drain during the same period

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

same problem here

resuming screen for 2-5 secs when heated

​random heating+battery drain during the same period

Do you have Cortona pinned to your start menu? Do you have Batter Saver pinned?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Screen still loading after new update and it still gets hot d during that time. I like Cortana pinned to my home screen I hope this isn't a solution...if it Is.... this sucks

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Screen still loading after new update and it still gets hot d during that time. I like Cortana pinned to my home screen I hope this isn't a solution...if it Is.... this sucks

What about a hard reset? Did you try is yet and if you did then did you restore the phone?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

What about a hard reset? Did you try is yet and if you did then did you restore the phone?
no hard reset but figured that yesterday with the new update it automatically hard reset it self.... Spinning wheels,migrating data etc

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

New update increased battery life

My phone is back to previous battery backup

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

All the while got battery saver tiles pinned. Having this issue still after the recent update. Cortana is pinned as well.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

I haven't had this issue with my 1520. But I did have this issue a lot with my 920. But this was before 8.1 and Cortana were even around. So I'm not sure if this is a Cortana thing or an OS thing. I've had Cortana pinned on my 1520 start screen with no issues.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I found that unpinning Cortana from the start menu works for me. My previous assumption that it was the Battery Saver that would cause/fix the issue, was wrong. My phone had the unlock freeze up a couple times until I unpinned the Cortana and for 2 plus days now I haven't gotten a black screen "loading" issue.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

no hard reset but figured that yesterday with the new update it automatically hard reset it self.... Spinning wheels,migrating data etc

That is not a hard reset.

Also if you do a hard reset and then restore from a backup then your just installing all the settings that messed things up before the hard reset. You need to set the phone up as new.

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

So far after unpinning Cortana for over 12 hours I got no issue with Start screen loading. Will monitor it... I guess not all users will get this bug because we got own different notebook setting in Cortana such as interest and geofencing location.

Michael Knowles2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I also haven't noticed any problems since unpinning cortana a week ago

GK Wong

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday I pinned Cortana and phone lagging and Start screen loading bug again. After unpinned then back to normal again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05