1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Issue

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Is

i went back to wp8. i have a bad feeling that the issues are'nt fixed in the "final" version, so i might stick with wp8 for a while, at least untill ppls confirm that everything is ok :)

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: 1520 withFIX for WP 8.1 Wake-up Lag (Black Screen Showing 'Loading" or "Resuming') + Heating Is

Shes going rampant and shes only been in service for a month and a bit?

C'mon Cortana.....

haha

in all seriousness,

I've unpinned Cortana from homescreen,

Will monitor and report back.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah its Cortana when pinned to start screen. She goes crazy when screen is locked up . Will wait till official release to back up start screen and all apps and data

tessierp

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problem.. The phone starts heating up then I press the power button and try to unlock my phone to see what is happening and I get a black screen saying "RESUMING..." except it never does.. I have to force reboot the phone in order to fix this.

I have not tried to unpin cortana yet but will do that to see if it fixes the problem.. This is a big problem because sometimes I will not even notice and the phone will just drain itself. Not only can I miss calls but this reduces battery life as well.. I hope they have a fix for this soon which is plagging most 1520 phones right now.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem.. The phone starts heating up then I press the power button and try to unlock my phone to see what is happening and I get a black screen saying "RESUMING..." except it never does.. I have to force reboot the phone in order to fix this.

I have not tried to unpin cortana yet but will do that to see if it fixes the problem.. This is a big problem because sometimes I will not even notice and the phone will just drain itself. Not only can I miss calls but this reduces battery life as well.. I hope they have a fix for this soon which is plagging most 1520 phones right now.

Unpin Cortina's live tile and you will see the problem stop.

dyne2199

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Cortana's live tile was definitely causing it for me. Been issue-free for almost 2 weeks. FYI, I also completely turned Cortana off after un-pinning her live tile.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

I get the same problem with my 1520. I just unpinned cortana. Hope it works! :)

simeon shopov

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I got my 1520 for about 3 months. I got w8.1 beta for about a month and i have been having this issue for the past about 3 days or so. I have Cortana pinned to my start screen and iam using her every day. I also have the "quick settings" to monitor battery % , wifi and mobile data since i switch between them almost on daily basis. So I get the loading/resuming bug combined with pretty nice heating. I have been forced to reboot in order to solve it. I will unpin Cortana. Hope that helps. My primary concern is that heating. Sometimes i dont notice cuz iam at work and by the time i check 50% of the battery life is gone. Also i am worried that that heating can burn some of the hardware and since iam still with w8.1 beta my 2 years warranty wont cover it.

P.S. - maybe Cortana hates us. The only hardware she loves is Master chief's armor :D

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

I have Wp 8.1 on my 1520 RM 938 and I don't have any of those issues. And yes, I have Cortana pinned to the start screen.

I was wondering if everyone with the problem could post their OS version.

My OS version is 8.10.12397.895

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

---Update--- removing cortana from my home screen did in fact take care of the issue. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Coman Bogdan

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

---Update--- removing cortana from my home screen did in fact take care of the issue. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

I never had cortana pinned to start, and i started to get this issue just after i instaled de 8.1 ofcial update a few days ago.It fcking frustrating.Im on a l925.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I never had cortana pinned to start, and i started to get this issue just after i instaled de 8.1 ofcial update a few days ago.It fcking frustrating.Im on a l925.
Try removing your start and lock screen pictures, see if that fixes it.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Screen still loading after new update and it still gets hot d during that time. I like Cortana pinned to my home screen I hope this isn't a solution...if it Is.... this sucks

Try and reset your lock screen wallpaper from settings, (not live lock screen beta app, rather built in settings), also remove any start screen background...

One of these two may help, for me it was the lock screen background, once I changed it to Bing it stopped the resuming after unlock.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My 1520 just started doing this today. It has never once done it until today and I have had the phone since the day it came out. I have had a lock screen photo set since day 1. I do not have Cortana pinned to my home screen. Now every single time I go to unlock my phone, it just says "resuming" for several seconds. Half of the time it totally bypasses the PIN unlock (my corporate email is synced to this device). Ridiculous. I guess I can no longer use a photo for my lock screen.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 just started doing this today. It has never once done it until today and I have had the phone since the day it came out. I have had a lock screen photo set since day 1. I do not have Cortana pinned to my home screen. Now every single time I go to unlock my phone, it just says "resuming" for several seconds. Half of the time it totally bypasses the PIN unlock (my corporate email is synced to this device). Ridiculous. I guess I can no longer use a photo for my lock screen.

It's not using a photo, it's just that you need to change it to something else once, you can change it back to the photo once you verify its fixed... It's an odd one, but try it.

Last edited:

CletusTiberius

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I fixed this problem by activating childrens corner, and then deactivating it again. Read it here somewhere. But that was because of lockscreen beta I think.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I fixed this problem by activating childrens corner, and then deactivating it again. Read it here somewhere. But that was because of lockscreen beta I think.

The Lockscreen Beta app (animated lock screen) did definitely introduce a 'resuming' bug, EVEN WHEN UNINSTALLED. That was the terrible part. So it's a good point, if anyone here still has the 'resuming' bug and ever installed Lockscreen Beta, use the trick of activating children's corner (then restarting? forgot) and the turning it off again. I don't think Lockscreen Beta caused any overheating issues though.

Even with Cortana unpinned I still notice some overheating in areas with bad cell reception, but I think this is normal for cell phones in general.

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Just read the WP Central article on this very thing and did the Kid's corner trick. We'll see if this works.

Last edited:

thedopesteez

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

THANK YOU to those who suggested turning kids corner on/off.
This dumb problem has been bugging me for months!
I installed live lock screen a while back, but then promptly uninstalled it because I didn't like it. Now that I think about it the issue started happening around then. Lo and behold when I turn on kids corner it says you have to disable the live lock screen, would you like to continue? Very strange that remnants of the app would still be around after uninstalling... Anyways toggled the kid's corner on and off and voila, works again!
My update today was finally error-free, and now this is fixed... I can finally quite griping about my dumb phone! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)