09-24-2014 05:06 PM
40 12
tools
    This might be premature and honestly makes completely no sense but after pinning the "Batter Saver" to my Start Screen, I stopped getting the wake-up lag or the heating up issue. Those who have this issue knows what I'm talking about. The phone would load up onto a black screen showing "Loading" or "Resuming" after hitting the wake-up/standby button. Often times the back of the phone is really warm when this occurs. Granted, it's only been 2 days so far, so knock on wood, but I usually don't go but half a day before the wake-up lag occurs. It doesn't really make any rational sense on why or how pinning the Batter Saver would fix the issue...but so far it has. May be correlation instead of causation, we'll see. For those with this issue, maybe try pinning the Batter Saver to your start screen? (Don't bash me if this doesn't work...just worth a try).
    05-12-2014 09:03 PM
    I also allowed for Battery Sense to run in the background instead of turning it off.
    05-12-2014 09:07 PM
    This might be premature and honestly makes completely no sense but after pinning the "Batter Saver" to my Start Screen, I stopped getting the wake-up lag or the heating up issue. Those who have this issue knows what I'm talking about. The phone would load up onto a black screen showing "Loading" or "Resuming" after hitting the wake-up/standby button. Often times the back of the phone is really warm when this occurs. Granted, it's only been 2 days so far, so knock on wood, but I usually don't go but half a day before the wake-up lag occurs. It doesn't really make any rational sense on why or how pinning the Batter Saver would fix the issue...but so far it has. May be correlation instead of causation, we'll see. For those with this issue, maybe try pinning the Batter Saver to your start screen? (Don't bash me if this doesn't work...just worth a try).
    My exact same issue!!!! And it get real warm and take a bit to come back
    05-12-2014 09:07 PM
    It doesn't work on mine. I had it pinned before and unpinning didn't work either. I have a thread in my recent threads I started about battery life that you can post it in for people already paying attention there.
    Dinky89484 likes this.
    05-12-2014 09:09 PM
    Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed the issue for me.
    oditius and TLRtheory like this.
    05-12-2014 10:36 PM
    Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed the issue for me.
    I only had it once and I unpinned Cortana tile and never happened since and that was two weeks ago. The freeze happened a few hours after I pinned the Cortana live tile.
    05-13-2014 07:33 AM
    I'll go ahead and unpin Cortana from the Start Screen.
    05-13-2014 01:52 PM
    same problem here

resuming screen for 2-5 secs when heated

​random heating+battery drain during the same period
    kristalsoldier likes this.
    05-13-2014 02:38 PM
    same problem here

resuming screen for 2-5 secs when heated

​random heating+battery drain during the same period
    Do you have Cortona pinned to your start menu? Do you have Batter Saver pinned?
    05-13-2014 02:42 PM
    Screen still loading after new update and it still gets hot d during that time. I like Cortana pinned to my home screen I hope this isn't a solution...if it Is.... this sucks
    05-15-2014 06:58 AM
    Screen still loading after new update and it still gets hot d during that time. I like Cortana pinned to my home screen I hope this isn't a solution...if it Is.... this sucks
    What about a hard reset? Did you try is yet and if you did then did you restore the phone?
    princeegli likes this.
    05-15-2014 07:51 AM
    What about a hard reset? Did you try is yet and if you did then did you restore the phone?
    no hard reset but figured that yesterday with the new update it automatically hard reset it self.... Spinning wheels,migrating data etc
    05-15-2014 08:09 AM
    New update increased battery life

My phone is back to previous battery backup
    05-15-2014 10:37 AM
    All the while got battery saver tiles pinned. Having this issue still after the recent update. Cortana is pinned as well.
    05-15-2014 11:14 AM
    I haven't had this issue with my 1520. But I did have this issue a lot with my 920. But this was before 8.1 and Cortana were even around. So I'm not sure if this is a Cortana thing or an OS thing. I've had Cortana pinned on my 1520 start screen with no issues.
    05-15-2014 11:33 AM
    I found that unpinning Cortana from the start menu works for me. My previous assumption that it was the Battery Saver that would cause/fix the issue, was wrong. My phone had the unlock freeze up a couple times until I unpinned the Cortana and for 2 plus days now I haven't gotten a black screen "loading" issue.
    05-15-2014 04:29 PM
    no hard reset but figured that yesterday with the new update it automatically hard reset it self.... Spinning wheels,migrating data etc
    That is not a hard reset.

Also if you do a hard reset and then restore from a backup then your just installing all the settings that messed things up before the hard reset. You need to set the phone up as new.
    princeegli likes this.
    05-15-2014 04:52 PM
    So far after unpinning Cortana for over 12 hours I got no issue with Start screen loading. Will monitor it... I guess not all users will get this bug because we got own different notebook setting in Cortana such as interest and geofencing location.
    05-16-2014 01:23 PM
    I also haven't noticed any problems since unpinning cortana a week ago
    05-16-2014 10:37 PM
    Yesterday I pinned Cortana and phone lagging and Start screen loading bug again. After unpinned then back to normal again.
    05-19-2014 12:14 AM
    i went back to wp8. i have a bad feeling that the issues are'nt fixed in the "final" version, so i might stick with wp8 for a while, at least untill ppls confirm that everything is ok :)

05-19-2014 01:40 AM
    Shes going rampant and shes only been in service for a month and a bit?

C'mon Cortana.....

haha

in all seriousness,

I've unpinned Cortana from homescreen,

Will monitor and report back.
    06-01-2014 10:36 PM
    Yeah its Cortana when pinned to start screen. She goes crazy when screen is locked up . Will wait till official release to back up start screen and all apps and data
    06-01-2014 10:50 PM
    I am having the same problem.. The phone starts heating up then I press the power button and try to unlock my phone to see what is happening and I get a black screen saying "RESUMING..." except it never does.. I have to force reboot the phone in order to fix this.

I have not tried to unpin cortana yet but will do that to see if it fixes the problem.. This is a big problem because sometimes I will not even notice and the phone will just drain itself. Not only can I miss calls but this reduces battery life as well.. I hope they have a fix for this soon which is plagging most 1520 phones right now.
    06-19-2014 10:52 AM
    I am having the same problem.. The phone starts heating up then I press the power button and try to unlock my phone to see what is happening and I get a black screen saying "RESUMING..." except it never does.. I have to force reboot the phone in order to fix this.

I have not tried to unpin cortana yet but will do that to see if it fixes the problem.. This is a big problem because sometimes I will not even notice and the phone will just drain itself. Not only can I miss calls but this reduces battery life as well.. I hope they have a fix for this soon which is plagging most 1520 phones right now.
    Unpin Cortina's live tile and you will see the problem stop.
    06-19-2014 03:35 PM
40 12