1520 screen sensitivity.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Even in normal my 1520 screen is too sensitive. I'm constantly getting my finger swipe gestures registered as clicks. But what's weird is the double tap to wake up feature for the most part never works. Usual it's a quadruple or more taps to wake up lol. Anyone else having these issues?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think that is an issue with a lot of 1520's... The DP update seemed to make it better but that was short lived....

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that when I scroll down with my fingers, it tends to zoom in especially if I have been sitting at one part of the web page for a few seconds. I believe it's so sensitive that it interprets any touch on the screen as if my intention is to zoom in, even if touched lightly, even on normal sensitivity.

Burger Nog

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I read somewhere on these forums that setting your sensitivity to NORMAL and your screen brightness to MEDIUM will reduce this occurrence. I've used these settings and have noticed the issue happens far less than it used to. I can't take credit for this, but I also can't remember which user on these forums discovered this (sort of) trick. Hats off to them!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed consistent results with any combination of phone settings (sensitivity, glance, touch, etc.). Double tap to wake seems to work as it should for me, but you just never know when a swipe or scroll will register as a tap unfortunately.

Toroto90

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone, but this bug is driving me crazy sometimes. I sincerely hope they are working on a fix for this. I need it badly!

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I also get a lot of the unwanted zoom in thing when I touch the screen. It's quite annoying.

I've also noticed while browsing that it will sometimes select website links that aren't even being displayed. At first I was totally baffled, wondering where on earth it found some article I couldn't even see, but then I realized it was off-screen while I was zoomed in. It somehow misinterprets touches and chooses the wrong part of the web page. Not sure if that's an OS or firmware problem.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've only had my 1520 just over a week. First thing I did was load 8.1, so I'm not sure if my results will be as helpful.

That said, I haven't had the sensitivity problem at all (fingers crossed). But I do know the double tap to wake is VERY inconsistent. But it was the same on my 920. It usually does this when using the glance beta. When I disable glance beta it works as it should.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've only had my 1520 just over a week. First thing I did was load 8.1, so I'm not sure if my results will be as helpful.

That said, I haven't had the sensitivity problem at all (fingers crossed). But I do know the double tap to wake is VERY inconsistent. But it was the same on my 920. It usually does this when using the glance beta. When I disable glance beta it works as it should.
Same here. I've had my 1520 for about two weeks and it's been having sensitivity issues since day one with WP 8 and 8.1.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder, for those who are facing screen sensitivity issues, are you using any screen protector? Could that be the reason as well? I have the issue, and having a screen protector on the screen though.

CletusTiberius

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After turnig off dubble tap to wake, vibration on the windows keys and glace, the problem is almost completely gone for me. Sucks I can't have those features turned on, but at least it works. (Btw its worked for several months now).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa