1520 screen sensitivity.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh the dreaded Microsoft Community page! Well, I don't think they have the answer there, but maybe it will get Microsoft /Nokias attention. However, the phone has been released last year and the problem still persists.

Has anybody hit up Microsoft or Nokia on Twitter about this?

Last edited:

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh the dreaded Microsoft Community page! Well, I don't think they have the answer there, but maybe it will get Microsoft /Nokias attention. However, the phone has been released for a year and the problem still persists.

I started that thread. Love how they've marked it as answered. Useless.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Also @Jason, I believe the default setting whenever you hard reset/reinstall the OS (and receive it from retail) that it is on "normal" -if I'm not mistaken.

It would be impossible (but interesting) to measure who is getting the actual phantom bug vs just having the high sensitivity setting on. I don't want to degrade anyone here, but there "are" some users who do not realize the difference between the touch settings. -however, I'd like to believe that if a user has had the phantom tap bug bad as me on both my 1520's, they would realize this...but whatever.

From the various tests I've done, it does seem like the problem exists even after a hard reset and OS flash...without even changing the touch settings. -even with the touch app uninstalled after a hard reset.

Some of you may think that I'm overreacting, but this bug seems to be worse on my ATT 1520 than my international 1520 at times. I could be scrolling the home screen and still get this issue. -opening twitter has never been so easy now /s.

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh the dreaded Microsoft Community page! Well, I don't think they have the answer there, but maybe it will get Microsoft /Nokias attention. However, the phone has been released for a year and the problem still persists.

What phone has been released for a year?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Also @Jason, I believe the default setting whenever you hard reset/reinstall the OS (and receive it from retail) that it is on "normal" -if I'm not mistaken.

It would be impossible (but interesting) to measure who is getting the actual phantom bug vs just having the high sensitivity setting on. I don't want to degrade anyone here, but there "are" some users who do not realize the difference between the touch settings. -however, I'd like to believe that if a user has had the phantom bug bad as me on both my 1520's, they would realize this...but whatever.

From the various tests I've done, it does seem like the problem exists even after a hard reset and OS flash...without even changing the touch settings. -even with the touch app uninstalled after a hard reset.

Some of you may think that I'm overreacting, but this bug seems to be worse on my ATT 1520 than my international 1520 at times. I could be scrolling the home screen and still get this issue. -opening twitter has never been so easy now /s.

I have the att (rm 940) version And this sensitivity thing drives me crazy. What I don't understand is how there's a high and normal setting and not a low, high and normal setting. I don't think it's any app. It happens on my home page. It happens in settings. It happens in apps. It happens in IE. It really doesn't matter what I'm doing.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here...it happens on the home screen and in most apps. I'm about to switch back to my Ativ S for now because the touch problem is driving me crazy. I may try to sell the 1520 and hold out for another larger non-Nokia phone.

​Edit to add: I've tried all the 'fixes' listed here and on the Nokia forum. None have worked.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I have the att (rm 940) version And this sensitivity thing drives me crazy. What I don't understand is how there's a high and normal setting and not a low, high and normal setting. I don't think it's any app. It happens on my home page. It happens in settings. It happens in apps. It happens in IE. It really doesn't matter what I'm doing.

As well do I...

Last edited:

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I started that thread. Love how they've marked it as answered. Useless.

Like the last poster on the MS thread stated...report the (e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶f̶u̶l̶) answer as spam and copy and paste "THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER, THE QUESTION IS STILL VALID. PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST AS IT DOESN'T ANSWER ANYTHING!!!"

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hehe I reported as spam because it is. I guess they was hoping they can get away. My screen seemed to have gotten better since the last update. But every once in a while it pops up.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
One thing that helps with the hyper sensitivity (when unlocking using the PIN method) is to hold down the back button on the lockscreeen. It goes nuts, then settles down. Then you can enter your 4-digit PIN without it freaking out on you.

cocotutch

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
My guess is Nokia Glance is definitely to blame, as is Tap-to-wake. As a developer, hijacking touch detection from the OS to do a custom function CAN be the root cause of a whole lot of trouble.

Has anybody tried actually REMOVING Nokia Glance and Tap-to-wake? Not just turning it off? I mean I can't test this myself, but that's just my 2c.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone with the problem switched to the 1320? Does the 1320 have the same problem? I've searched the 1320 forum and didn't see any related posts but figured I'd ask here also.

​Thanks!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 and a 1320, and the screen sensitivity issue is only present on my 1520. I love my 1520, but the 1320 is a wonderful device as well.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
My guess is Nokia Glance is definitely to blame, as is Tap-to-wake. As a developer, hijacking touch detection from the OS to do a custom function CAN be the root cause of a whole lot of trouble.

Has anybody tried actually REMOVING Nokia Glance and Tap-to-wake? Not just turning it off? I mean I can't test this myself, but that's just my 2c.

I want to say that I've already tried this at some point. I remember one instance removing Glance (by mistake) and Touch. -Can't remember that it made any difference.

I'll try removing Glance today and see what happens...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
How does the 1320 compare from a performance standpoint for basic things like Facebook and Twitter?

​Thanks!

Honestly, the only noticeable differences that I've seen between the 1320 and the 1520 are the screen and camera. The resolutions are different, and you can see the difference if you put them side by side, but it is really hardly noticeable...only a problem to really technologically savvy people. The 1520's screen is beautiful as we all know. The 1320's screen is slightly less awesome, but a lot brighter, and really very nice. I really like its brightness. I haven't seen any difference in app performance on each. I've set them down side by side and swiped, opened, closed, etc, and really can't see a difference in performance. I'm sure there is, but it is very, very slight. The Facebook app and the Facebook Messenger app are equally slow on both phones though. Twitter runs perfectly on both. I love my 1520, but the only real advantage it has over the 1320 is it's camera abilities and screen resolution. Funny thing is, I'm using my 1320 now because my flagship 1520 is being repaired by Nokia at the moment because it completely went crazy on me. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky