1520 screen sensitivity.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I plan on getting this resolved, I just had to get myself calmed down a little bit before I contacted them. I don't want to go into this potential fiasco without being in complete control of my urge to drop around 75,000 F-bombs on 'em. lol

Still just utterly pissed though. :-(

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I know...yea I would probably have to do the same before talking to anyone.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
So weird thing...uninstalled glance yesterday but now my proximity sensor doesn't pick up that I'm talking on the phone now, thus keeping the display lit while talking on the phone.

I reinstalled glance today, and yet no change....arghh!!! Wtf...lol.

Time to do a hard reset. Glad I don't store too much on my phone. xD

Last edited:

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
So weird thing...uninstalled glance yesterday but now my proximity sensor doesn't pick up that I'm talking on the phone now, thus keeping the display lit while talking on the phone.

I reinstalled glance today, and yet no change....arghh!!! Wtf...lol.

Time to do a hard reset. Glad I don't store too much on my phone. xD
That's actually pretty cool. I have some sort of bug that always causes my phone to revert back to the call screen everytime my proximity sensor is covered. It's super annoying.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It seems you have just about every problem going on your phone, if I were you I would get it replaced.

I'm convinced it's a WP 8.1 bug and not the phone itself as this is my second Lumia 1520 but I could be wrong. I really haven't done any troubleshooting for the issue. It's annoying but tolerable.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I also bought my phone used off of eBay (320 bucks) for a steal so I don't even know if I fall into the warranty category but really I'm not worried. If I had an issue I'd fix it myself.

You are. Warranties are attained through your IMEI number. Anyone who has bought a 1520 is in the warranty period. Go to your nokia care app to see for yourself... -now that's not figuring for personal damages though eg- water damage/drops etc).

Just don't tell Nokia you bought the phone from eBay...or a third party. (I received my ATT 1520 through a friend who works for MS in Bellevue.) I was able to go through warranty.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
The phantom taps while scrolling are driving me absolutely nuts. I'm guessing a warranty replacement won't do any good? I have the .2 version.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Well, I got my 1520 back from Nokia repair today. Yay!
However, I am extremely angry with the result. I mean, I am wondering if a group of 1st graders repaired my phone! I am just infuriated! My phone is now worth a third of what it was before I sent it in.

Problem 1: The "repair" that Nokia performed was to simply reinstall the software. That's it! Nothing more. I used their very own software recovery tool 4 times to reinstall the software before I was just forced to send it in because it was acting so unstable.

Problem 2: The screen came back with over 20 scratches all over it. One of them is so deep, my fingernail actually catches on it, and it's over a quarter inch long. It's like they flipped it over and rubbed it on concrete while they were waiting on the software to install.

I always buy my phones off contract, paying full price, and I treat them like technological works of art. Cases, screen protectors, constant cleaning, etc, etc. My phone looked completely brand new when I sent it in. When it came back, it looked like it had spent the last year in the bottom of a back pack. The beautiful screen is totally ruined now!

I emailed Nokia, and plan to call them tomorrow. I really don't know what to expect. I'm just really, really disappointed.

They probably just grabbed a refurb out of a bin and shipped it off to you.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
The phantom taps while scrolling are driving me absolutely nuts. I'm guessing a warranty replacement won't do any good? I have the .2 version.

Naw man, they'll say nothing is wrong with your phone if you send it in. In addition it seems this issue is pretty widespread. If you get a replacement, more than likely you'll still have the problem.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 1320 so that pretty much guarantees Nokia will put out a fix for the problem very soon. :grin:

I got the 1320 today. Wow...so this is how a smartphone is supposed to work! :)

Performance seems to be on par with the 1520 for the apps I use. And I actually think the screen looks better (granted, my eyes aren't the best).

And best of all....no tap/swipe issues!!!!!

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I got the 1320 today. Wow...so this is how a smartphone is supposed to work! :)

Performance seems to be on par with the 1520 for the apps I use. And I actually think the screen looks better (granted, my eyes aren't the best).

And best of all....no tap/swipe issues!!!!!

Are you located in the US? Does it get LTE?

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I updated. I don't know...

I don't want to say anything too early with the chance of it being the placebo effect. Lets just say I haven't raged quit the WPC app yet...

I updated this morning and can confirm this.. I really hope the phantom tap is fixed but as is the trend with this problem it will most likely happen again at some point. But since updating the Display app and doing a cold boot everything is smooth as butter in the fanguh tappin department. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb