1520 screen sensitivity.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to notice it tends to happen more for me in specific apps than it does in others. I don't know if this is due to some apps having more of a noticeable consequence because of accidental taps or because the app is doing accidental taps more.

Same with me, have notice unintended taps primarily in specific apps, like Tapatalk and Nextgen Reader. These apps are similar in that they are streams of text items without a visual border between them, and sometimes when I intended to scroll/swipe, instead the app opens the item. Frustrating, but erratic.

kaedestyle

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my bad English, I have downgraded from 8.1 --> 8.0 by Nokia Software Recovery Tool. I didn't update any system apps e.g. touch or glance. After one day use, I have not found a phantom tap issue, yet.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This issue is really becoming annoying. Before it was tolerable, but now it's annoying. Just when I need to get to something quickly, I am brought somewhere else because of the screen sensitivity. Arrrgghhh! I will try turning off Glance, which I just read above.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This issue is really becoming annoying. Before it was tolerable, but now it's annoying. Just when I need to get to something quickly, I am brought somewhere else because of the screen sensitivity. Arrrgghhh! I will try turning off Glance, which I just read above.

Just cause people don't always read the other device forums, this same issue happens on the 1020 and I assume other Nokia devices.

I've actually read about screen sensitivity issues on various Android devices too.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Just cause people don't always read the other device forums, this same issue happens on the 1020 and I assume other Nokia devices.

I've actually read about screen sensitivity issues on various Android devices too.

​Thanks for the info. Thought it was just us 1520 folks :(

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wait....its only been a day man. Give it a week.

Sadly, from what I've been reading this is not one of those issues that gets better with time...unless an OS updates cures this. Alot of ppl were saying that it would slow down, but eventually return. This is unfortunate for such a beautiful piece of hardware, and this bug was the main reason why I haven't bought it thus far...hopefully an update will squash this bug once and for all!

On another note...do you (or anyone else) think that the Microsoft -Nokia acquisition caused a delay in getting rid of this bug? It seems like when the dust/camera/sensor issue happened w/the 920, Nokia acknowledged the issue, and gave various solutions (and awesome customer support) right away. But the Lumia 1520 swipe/tap bug has been lurking for some time and I haven't even heard anyone from Microsoft address it, unless I missed something...

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, from what I've been reading this is not one of those issues that gets better with time...unless an OS updates cures this. Alot of ppl were saying that it would slow down, but eventually return. This is unfortunate for such a beautiful piece of hardware, and this bug was the main reason why I haven't bought it thus far...hopefully an update will squash this bug once and for all!

On another note...do you (or anyone else) think that the Microsoft -Nokia acquisition caused a delay in getting rid of this bug? It seems like when the dust/camera/sensor issue happened w/the 920, Nokia acknowledged the issue, and gave various solutions (and awesome customer support) right away. But the Lumia 1520 swipe/tap bug has been lurking for some time and I haven't even heard anyone from Microsoft address it, unless I missed something...
I think Nokia failed to even acknowledge that the problem existed.

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone's touch screen been jumping while scrolling down? It's been happening to me since the last update. I'll be scrolling down and it'll "jump" down farther than where I meant to scroll abruptly.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this a hardware or software problem?

I have this issue with my 1520 right now.. The Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 I have had this issue but was fixed with a software update. I'm crossing my fingers this is a software bug so I wont have to send my phone back to Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb