NO Cortana!

69bluesman

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, I'm a Nokia and WP veteran...have been since the 920. I'll keep it short...
I just purchased a 1520 unlocked international version, did all my updates with preview for developers. My language and regions are all set to US. 8.1 is running fine...but NO CORTANA showing up in store or on phone. Is there a remedy for this? I've read and followed all steps about this, still nothing.

PS- I do not have a network SIM in yet, just setting phone up via WIFI. Could this be the issue? I would guess not, but you never know.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
A guess, but try turning location ON.

Tap the Windows button from the START screen - if nothing happens ...
Tap the SEARCH button, you may see her.

4 settings (that I can see) that might be flawed - Language, region, keyboard, speech - & probably need to sign in w Microsoft acct (location needs to be U.S.). CORTANA s/b in the apps list.

That's all I can think of ... maybe she doesn't like you ? (jk)

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had issues even prior to 8.1 DV when it comes to setting up phones over wifi. If you have a SIM handy throw it in, if not make sure ALL of your location setting are on and correct.

69bluesman

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've covered all those bases, still no Cortana. The only other thing I can think of is that this particular phone is 4G only, not LTE. You think that might make a difference?

...and, I do have a SIM in now. No better.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The model # may be holding you back, as Cortana is only available for the U.S. market, currently.
I also remember you need to be logged in w your MS account - for age verification (no one under 13).
I assume you're on T-Mobile ??

69bluesman

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Resolved:
After finally installing my new SIM, I decided to factory reset the phone and start over. This time Cortana was there. I guess it does make a difference without the carrier SIM installed. Lesson learned.

I am on AT&T btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999