Lumia 1520 irresponsive screen

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here nearly 36 hours and counting. Oddly battery life has improved as well.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem and hopefully I may have found an answer. For me it was switching to a different SD card. Nearly every time I had to restart my phone I kept receiving an error telling me scan my SD card. After doing this more than a few times I finally decided to try a new SD card and voila no more screen lock ups. Now this is not yet conclusive for it has been less than 48 hours since the switch but in that time I have not had to restart my phone which I was doing nearly every morning.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
That was my solution as well (along with a hard reset of my phone for good measure). There are still strange behaviors on my 1520 but they're not anywhere near as debilitating as that screen-freeze issue.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I spoke to soon. My phone has messed up two times since my last post. It would not respond to my touch and search would start on its own.

Embelton

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing. In addition to the phone going nuts by itself opening and closing apps, It would also just stop accepting touch inputs. I had lock and unlock the phone for touch to come back. As I posted in the 720 forums, I found that my date was 1 month ahead because I had it set to update date and time automatically. I switched that back to manual and reset the date and time. I also turned of Glance as glance allows you to hover over the screen without actually touching it to see your glance screen. I suspect that the glance hover ability is getting enabled while the phone is unlocked causing lots of problems. The reason I think this is that my phone would only go nuts if I was actually holding it.

Anyway, 24hours later there's no problems at all. I couldn't go an hour without the phone going haywire before. I guess I'll just have to live without glance. :)

Last edited:

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Today I was reading a Email and the touch problem started and then my Email was deleted. I decided to do a Factory reset. After that I restored my apps and settings from the backup. Within 5 minutes the touch problem started up so I reset to Factory again but this time I did not restore my apps and settings from the backup. All I did was add my Microsoft account and Google account. This was around 3:30pm today. It is now 9:38pm and no touch problem yet. I will post tomorrow with an update.

Jim

tcmoon

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
For me, It's either glance or battery saver. Glance is uninstalled & battery saver is disabled. I use Cortana everyday with all of her options running & haven't had an issue yet & it's been awhile..

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Update:

My phone hasn't shown the issue for three weeks now, untill today. I started working again after my holiday and I had to use the alarm clock. This morning, the screen was frozen again... I'm going to try it again without the alarm, who knows.

sourcrowd

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Nearly the same happend to me today.
The alarm started as always in the morning but the screen become irresponsable and i was not able to turn of the alarm, it gets louder and louder. only a soft reset worked (otherwise no response on pressing any button)

And now again while i was checking the lockscreen. This time glance was disabled.

Im running DP 8.1 with Cyan on a Lumia 925.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine is acting weird out of nowhere as well.

The double tap to unlock is not working and the glance either. I shut off, restarted, it worked once and then not again.

This is odd.

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So what's the solution here which works , when I reboot my phone I get message sd card needs to be scanned after scan everything fine . But few times screen won't respond either to touch or phone will freeze ..

AwaySys

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I experienced all of these issues daily but since I upgraded to the newest build of windows version 10.0.10581.0 the problem has disappeared I upgraded over a week ago

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs