Pls, Can anyone help me with getting unlock code ?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I bought brand new L1520 from ebay, but unfortunately it's locked to at&t network. And also I'm not US residence. I'm living outside the US..So now I'm stuck with wifi only L1520. :unhappy:....

U can feel that how is using phone without GSM connectivity....

Pls Can someone help me with getting unlock code from at&t. To get unlock code from at&t. U should be active or former customer .....

So anyone can help me with it ? without unlock code my phone be a door stopper .:(:)unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappy::unhappy:

thanks

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the thing. AT&T is a Pain In The A$$. They give you only 5 unlocks per account. And for the folks that have an AT&T account here, already know that, and have probably used the 5 unlocks already or holding off for family or friends. I did someone here a favor and unlocked their phone, I have a 1520 I want unlocked, but I can't. I can't because I already used my 5, and worse yet, AT&T won't even tell you when you can unlock the next time. They want the EMIE number of the last 5 phones I unlocked. HUH? If I knew those, I would have written the date down too. SO I asked my daughter to use her account, they said she reached her max, and I know for a fact she only unlocked one phone. So AT&T is a lying piece of crap. Also people here can get around $40 to $50 to unlock a phone for someone else. There are webpages dedicated to unlocking your phone for $$$$ all you got to do is search for them. Try CellUnlocker.com: The Leading Cell Unlocker Site on the Net. Who know though? Maybe some kind person with free unlocks left will come and help. Of course that could lead to a lot of kind request too. Also remember you can add almost $100 to the price of a phone you unlocked to sell it. So as sorry as it may seem, you may have to sell the phone and look for an unlocked one for sale.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I bought brand new L1520 from ebay, but unfortunately it's locked to at&t network. And also I'm not US residence. I'm living outside the US..So now I'm stuck with wifi only L1520. :unhappy:....

U can feel that how is using phone without GSM connectivity....

Pls Can someone help me with getting unlock code from at&t. To get unlock code from at&t. U should be active or former customer .....

So anyone can help me with it ? without unlock code my phone be a door stopper .:(:)unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappy::unhappy:

thanks

I would suggest getting with the person you got the phone from on eBay. Maybe even giving negative feedback if you have to send a message to them that you're not playing about them unlocking the phone. Because they should've told you it was locked. Or you can try to go to the attached att website and talking to their chat support to see if they can help out direct you to the right place to get it unlocked.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an att 1520 and I've gotten phones unlocked with att with little hassle but they do have some ridiculous stipulations they enforce in order to keep you tied to the carrier.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest getting with the person you got the phone from on eBay. Maybe even giving negative feedback if you have to send a message to them that you're not playing about them unlocking the phone. Because they should've told you it was locked. Or you can try to go to the attached att website and talking to their chat support to see if they can help out direct you to the right place to get it unlocked.

That would be useless, he got a US seller to ship overseas, I won't for that very reason, I would bet that the auction stated that it is LOCKED TO ATT. And eBay is unfair to the fact it won't let sellers leave negative feedback. If he wanted to use it on anything besides ATT, then he should have searched for a unlocked phone or the international version. This is also another reason I stopped selling on eBay, it's expensive, and stupid users can leave negative feedback without fear of receiving any.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is the thing. AT&T is a Pain In The A$$. They give you only 5 unlocks per account. And for the folks that have an AT&T account here, already know that, and have probably used the 5 unlocks already or holding off for family or friends. I did someone here a favor and unlocked their phone, I have a 1520 I want unlocked, but I can't. I can't because I already used my 5, and worse yet, AT&T won't even tell you when you can unlock the next time. They want the EMIE number of the last 5 phones I unlocked. HUH? If I knew those, I would have written the date down too. SO I asked my daughter to use her account, they said she reached her max, and I know for a fact she only unlocked one phone. So AT&T is a lying piece of crap. Also people here can get around $40 to $50 to unlock a phone for someone else. There are webpages dedicated to unlocking your phone for $$$$ all you got to do is search for them. Try CellUnlocker.com: The Leading Cell Unlocker Site on the Net. Who know though? Maybe some kind person with free unlocks left will come and help. Of course that could lead to a lot of kind request too. Also remember you can add almost $100 to the price of a phone you unlocked to sell it. So as sorry as it may seem, you may have to sell the phone and look for an unlocked one for sale.

thanks a lot mate for opinion....thanks

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks a lot mate for opinion....thanks

He may be correct - did you do your due diligence ? did you ask the questions ?

Electronic communication is legal evidence, if you weren't sure, you ask the question. If it stated ' ... locked to AT&T ... ' then it's on the OP - he did NOT think this thru. If it's an AT&T version (to be used in Sri Lanka ?) will it even have the necessary bands / radios ?

In your case, I think I'd be listing it on ebay (unless you'd take a lesser offer (cut your losses) & I'd buy thru PayPal ? What model#, color, etc ?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb