Hello everyone, I'm really thinking of getting the Lumia 1520 in the next two weeks from now, The white one, its only that I have some doubts about how well the matt finish is doing after some time of usage.
    It's a gorgeous price of hardware .. You already know that :) . The only matt finish phone I have it's my current HTC 8x, and it's showing discoloration on its edges.
    Maybe you can tell me if you are using a case or not. And if its possible post a picture of the back of the phone .. That will be great!

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy the day.
    05-27-2014 02:30 AM
    take black matte !!!! and attached with any case(with many optional colour since ur lumia is black matte!! u can playing with any colour of case) + play colour homescreen...
    and ur lumia will be elegant !!

Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    05-27-2014 03:50 AM
    My white has no scratches on it whatsoever, but that's because I'm using the case which came with the device. The case is also white, and is also spotless. I've had my 1520 since Feb.
    05-27-2014 06:23 AM
    Got my White 1520 during the first week of sales, and have the Belkin cover that came with it. It is still in "like new" condition
    05-27-2014 08:46 AM
    take black matte !!!! and attached with any case(with many optional colour since ur lumia is black matte!! u can playing with any colour of case) + play colour homescreen...
    and ur lumia will be elegant !!

I got a hands-on with both the black and white, and really prefered the look of the white one. My only concern was how well it will age.
    diego9016 and snowmutt like this.
    05-27-2014 05:51 PM
    For what it's worth, I got my white one back in November and never use a case. The color and finish has held up just fine. No discoloration on the corners or anywhere else.
    snowmutt and Twitter@Firas_MD like this.
    05-27-2014 09:08 PM
    For you guys with the white phones, what colour are the buttons on it?
    05-28-2014 12:57 AM
    White buttons as well. This on a CV DEV version (technically speaking I believe that's the same as a generic UK device).

I remember seeing white with black buttons in some promo shots though.
    Will6371 likes this.
    05-28-2014 01:05 AM
    Love Nokia's white colored phones. They do hold up fantastic, just like all their other bodies/colors. Buy and enjoy.
    05-28-2014 01:31 AM
    Hello everyone, I'm really thinking of getting the Lumia 1520 in the next two weeks from now, The white one, its only that I have some doubts about how well the matt finish is doing after some time of usage.
    It's a gorgeous price of hardware .. You already know that :) . The only matt finish phone I have it's my current HTC 8x, and it's showing discoloration on its edges.
    Maybe you can tell me if you are using a case or not. And if its possible post a picture of the back of the phone .. That will be great!

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy the day.
    get red or white,black is a bit dull imho
    i have a red 720 , black 720(r.i.p last month) and a white 820
    black has its own appeal but red really stands out on my 720, phone looks very unique and appealing
    each to their own colour though, all look great
    the colour doesnt fade etc with time, still looks like it was taken just out of the box with all my lumias
    Beijendorf likes this.
    05-28-2014 10:12 AM
    my 820 is white and has black buttons etc though this differs from model to model i guess
    05-28-2014 10:13 AM
    White nokia 1520 , woow adtl color for its line up. Its a better option for users or new users to choose from. Actually its a neutral color for people who wants simplicity. Coz the cell phone guards comes in different color. Having a white 1520 is cool . Make it a mix and match combination of cell phone guards.. So for me WHITE nokia 1520 is adorable just like my 920 its white.. Actually i was looking for yellow that time around..hihi.. More power windows phone central!
    05-28-2014 08:55 PM
    Edges get discolored. Been a month now. Using with case. Taking the case on and off gets the edges discolored but only if you look carefully.

Go for it. You wont regret. Invest in a good case and not a cheap one like I did :(
    05-29-2014 03:49 AM
    What case did you buy?
    05-29-2014 08:41 AM
    Edges get discolored. Been a month now. Using with case. Taking the case on and off gets the edges discolored but only if you look carefully.

Go for it. You wont regret. Invest in a good case and not a cheap one like I did :(
    What's that case that you bought? And can you post a picture for these discolored edges?
    05-29-2014 01:16 PM
    What's that case that you bought? And can you post a picture for these discolored edges?
    use a capdase, i have capdase cases on all my phones, great protection, no discoloration at all , certain hard cases may leave traces but not Amzer and Capdase
    05-29-2014 02:13 PM
    I have capdase transperant one. Sorry cant post photos becoz i dont have another camera :P

Personally I would suggest to buy tempered glass protection which I will be getting in few weeks and use the phone without cover.
    05-30-2014 02:08 AM
    The problem with white phones are they're guaranteed to discolor over time... It doesn't matter if it's matte or glossy... Even after a month, it may still look the same to your eyes but it's definitely discolored already... Best way is to compare it with a demo unit or one from the stock...
    05-30-2014 02:45 AM
    The problem with white phones are they're guaranteed to discolor over time... It doesn't matter if it's matte or glossy... Even after a month, it may still look the same to your eyes but it's definitely discolored already... Best way is to compare it with a demo unit or one from the stock...
    it doesnt , none of my lumias have even my old Bold 3 and 5 still havent discoloured
    only really old devices do these days
    maybe if its rough used badly it might, i use capdase on all except my white 820 still no discolouration(nearly 2 years old now and has been rough used alot actually,still fine despite being dropped tonnes of times etc)
    05-30-2014 04:31 AM
    My white 1520 still looks pristine, but it's only a month old.
    05-31-2014 12:25 PM