Hi,

I woke up this morning without the help of my alarm clock... I found it odd at first given the intensity of the light so I looked at my phone, the phone wasn't powered.. I powered it up, only to find it had 4% left..

This happened to me a few times now, 1 time during the day I noticed the phone would get hot and discharging fast, so I had to reboot it to stop this.. It happened a few other times at night and today where I found my battery almost empty..

Does this happen to any other owners of a Lumia 1520? Have anyone found the problem yet? I have a few battery monitoring apps but none of them can really tell me what program is causing this or is it just a defect with the Lumia 1520 perhaps a problem with WIFI / DATA antennas where I would not have a good reception which could cause a drain?? However this would not have been the case last night since I set the phone on AIRPLANE mode before going to bed...

I have Windows Phone 8.1 installed on it but I am not sure it is a problem with the OS since I have seen reports of people have similar issues with 8.0... So yes I am aware people had this issue with the phone but would like to know if anyone is aware of the true problem and if there is a fix?? This is really annoying.. It happens without warning and at random....
    05-30-2014 07:56 AM
    [CMD]See the background processes they must be draining your phone also look out for background data usage. And if problems don't solve go for a replacement unit.[/CMD]
    05-30-2014 08:22 AM
    I looked at the background processes.. Many of them I already have disabled. The phone didn't report any apps draining the phone. Data usage can't be an issue since the phone was in AIRPLANE mode thus, all comms are not available.

The problem does not happen all the time.. It's actually the fifth time I see this problem and the first time it happens over night when I am asleep.

So no one else had this problem?
    05-30-2014 09:51 AM
    I know this doesn't directly address the battery drain issue, but why don't you plug it in overnight? I like to start the day with a fully charged battery.
    05-30-2014 10:20 AM
    I used to do that with my Lumia 920. I had my Lumia 920 for 2 years, after a while, like most lithium batteries, they lose their capacity to hold a charge and discharge much faster. I started reading on Lithium batteries, then got myself a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro where they included a nice software, Energy Manager, and you have an option called Conservation Mode.. What this does is, it maintains your battery at around 60%, then it uses the energy from the outlet. I dunno why it doesn't do that even when the battery is at 80% for example..

Besides, suppose there would be no problems with batteries being plugged in all the time, it would not solve my issue.. If something is causing a memory leak or something is using the CPU or GPU 100% and it's stuck in a look, it will still discharge eventually. It does not address my issue.

So anyways, when a battery is charged near 100%, it is very bad to let your battery around 100%, your battery heats up, and it reduces your battery effectiveness over time. The same thing happens if you let your phone discharge below 20% too often (worse case being below 10%).. Charging a battery from a low level state causes a lot of stress on your lithium battery..

So that is why I never let my phone plugged in overnight and rather put it in AIRPLANE mode to minimize battery usage. And since batteries for your lumia devices cannot be changed easily, it's best to take care of them.. So that is why.

Besides, it wouldn't address my issue. Even if there was no impact on battery life to leave it plugged, if there is something causing the CPU or whatnot to be used at 100%, stuck in a loop, it will still drain the battery only slower...
    05-30-2014 11:14 AM