So I've been on all platforms but Android. I lived with Apple, but grew tired of her. I went Blackberry but they are sneaky. Meaning, every time I went BB, they stopped supporting the device I bought a few months later (Storm, Playbook etc). I've done WP 7, 7.8, 8 and 8.1 . I'm going to AT&T tomorrow to upgrade via next. I've been using the Lumia 520 as a "get by" device since December. Apps like At Bat are horrible on it. I also have huge hands ( I am 6 foot 4 but everything on me is long, please, no jokes). So typing on smaller phones is annoying. I was looking at the BB Q10 because of the keyboard, but am worried that they will screw me like they have in the past. I was looking at the Samsung Mega because of it's size and price for what it is as a mid range type device, and aside from it being huge, seems to have gotten good looks. Then I go to the 1520. Look, I like windows phone. I like the tiles, the layouts, I love the backgrounds in 8.1. The thing that is bugging me are APPS. The only Apps I truly care about are Twitter, Instagram and MLB AT Bat. Can anyone tell me briefly how those three apps work on this monster? Does AT Bat buffer the audio all the time? Will I age 70 years using twitter on this device? I really want a big phone, but again, would you say those three apps are more polished on a device that has all of this power, or will the power not matter because the apps themselves need to be polished like on the major OS'? Thanks.
    05-30-2014 10:08 PM
    6Tag (Instagram App) is very feature filled. It even has direct messaging. The official "Instagram Beta" is quite lacking though. Ohh, you can't do anything with pre recorded videos yet. If that's important, WP ain't the way to go, just yet...

I rarely use Twitter, so someone else will have to help there.
    05-30-2014 10:14 PM
    I use Gleek, for twitter, one thing I like is the ability to have a signature. I also use At Bat. Well I keep the tiles to my favorite teams on my start screen. Cubs on one side, White Sox on the other. I don't subscribe to watch the video's or anything like that. The phone is way cool, I have the Black 32GB one and a Red 16GB one as a spare. Once it is updated to 8.1 there is no problem with the 16GB as 8,1 can load apps on the sd card. And you can use the new Sandisk 128GB microSD card too...
    05-30-2014 10:25 PM
    6Tag (Instagram App) is very feature filled. It even has direct messaging. The official "Instagram Beta" is quite lacking though. Ohh, you can't do anything with pre recorded videos yet. If that's important, WP ain't the way to go, just yet...

I rarely use Twitter, so someone else will have to help there.
    So yeah, uh I didn't ask about 6tag nor do I care about 6tag. INSTAGRAM. How does it work on the 1520? I could care less about 3rd party apps. Sorry that sounds harsh, but hey....
    05-30-2014 11:37 PM
    Yeah, it is a bit harsh. I took the time to answer you. Maybe next time be a bit more clear, but hey...
    05-30-2014 11:42 PM
    Of the 3 apps you mentioned, the only one I used much on WP was MLB At Bat. And it's not that good. When watching live games the video is choppy and buffers a lot. I have a 920 and a 520, and it's like that even on the 920.
    05-31-2014 12:30 AM
    So yeah, uh I didn't ask about 6tag nor do I care about 6tag. INSTAGRAM. How does it work on the 1520? I could care less about 3rd party apps. Sorry that sounds harsh, but hey....
    I recon that you will get loads of help with answers like that
    05-31-2014 06:54 AM
    Despite your rather harsh rebuff ...

I use Twitter (the official app) on my Lumia 1520, works well, but I also use Mehdoh. Between the two of them, you get (almost) all the functionality of the desktop version. I keep Mehdoh to follow & add to list (not available on Twitter app). I use Twitter, it allows me to view Follows by list - they compliment each other.

As far as 3rd party apps, Rudy Huyn is the DEV of 6tag & has done some very nice work on various Win Phone apps. That's probably WHY the poster mentioned it, it's better than the (official) Instagram. You'll probably get NO positive answers re: Instagram ...
    05-31-2014 09:45 AM
    If apps are a big concern, why not give a Galaxy Note a try? Or is Android completely off the table?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    05-31-2014 09:47 AM