From Lumia 920 to Lumia 1520

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I upgraded to the Lumia 1520 from Lumia 920 two days back and so far it has been fantastic...!

The screen in itself is a huge advantage but I never thought more RAM would mean snappier performance overall. Loving the move every bit... I do have a few notes/items that I thought I'd discuss here.

Sometimes when typing on the keyboard it fails to register a key press... Usually with keys on the outer section. I wonder if its just my fat thumbs touching outside the bounds, or if there is some known touch issues with the superb display and using a screen protector on it? I've had it happen now and again where I flick my finger on the screen and it registers it as a click rather than a flick causing it to load the app/item instead of scrolling upwards/downwards...

I love the ability to load documents and epubs onto the SD card and being able to read it from there. (Junhua's "Reading" app seems to be perfect for epubs.) which readers are you using that possibly work with both pdfs and epubs and provides the ability to load off of the SD card?

Since I am still new to the phone, I haven't had the opportunity to put its camera under some heavy testing. I'm wondering what 16mp + 5mp potentially means for photos. Photos that I take are 16mp but have a smaller counterpart that comes into play when trying to share the photo or such? Can anyone explain a bit how that works?

Overall I love this phone... Superb screen, superb performance, excellent camera, better speaker/sound, SD card option, and more...

Anyone else here who moved from the 920 to the 1520? Hows your experience been??

Regards.
Salman Khalid.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you do look at the other post in this forum, you will see that the screen sensitivity is biggest glitch with the 1520. They know about it and hopefully will have a fix for it. But to me, not a deal killer. It has a really great camera. It records both 16MP you can use for editing and cropping and the 5MP it will upload to Facebook and such, where data transfer can cost you $$ in data space.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If you do look at the other post in this forum, you will see that the screen sensitivity is biggest glitch with the 1520. They know about it and hopefully will have a fix for it. But to me, not a deal killer. It has a really great camera. It records both 16MP you can use for editing and cropping and the 5MP it will upload to Facebook and such, where data transfer can cost you $$ in data space.

Thanks. Yeah, I came across multiple entries on the screen responsiveness issues... It's not a deal killer for me as though it happens quite often, it doesn't happen too often. Hopefully an update from Nokia'll get it fixed in a future update. (Man!!! I love the screen on this thing...!)

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos