Ive just collected my new 1520 and its on its 1st charge, however, I bought it BNIB from a 2nd hand store.

It says in "Settings > About" its Windows 8.1, yet in "Extras & Info" its says its Lumia Black, Not Cyan and when I goto "Update Phone".. it says "your pohone cannot be updated at this time" So.. is it posible to tell if the other owner installed the developer version of 8.1 or is it actually released for the 1520.

How do i tell if its the Dev version?

Thanks.
    06-01-2014 01:46 PM
    Dev Preview is the only way to get 8.1 on current phones, for now.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 01:50 PM
    Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan will be rolled out together as a single update. Your phone should be on the preview; to check if the phone has been used, go to settings--> network+ , there you can see the voice call counter which shows the total time the phone has been used for calling (this wont reset to 0 even if you do a factory reset)
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 01:52 PM
    Yep its been used..
    I know the current dev release of 8.1 is fairly stable.. but why do people do that.. update a phone with a beta rom then sell it without flashing it

sheesh
    06-01-2014 02:05 PM
    I recommend you to do a hard reset to make sure your WP 8.1 is as clean as possible.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 02:10 PM
    Personally, I'd wipe any used phone I get, before I use it. You have no idea what's on it.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 02:13 PM
    Thanks folks for the tips.. My sim card or data hasnt even been entered yet.. im still charging.. Ill do a factory reset before I use it.. Even though its in brand new condition.. the person has bought it.. flashed it.. used it for a day or so.. then sold it, but Why Flash it.. FFS.

Ill report back soon... once its up and running

EDIT:

Reflashed the Lumia CVGB Black Rom as it would be after unpacking it, then did a factory reset, so now its working great and theres no possible trace of anything the last owner may have added or linked it too.

Thanks
    Last edited by NightOrchid; 06-01-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    06-01-2014 02:40 PM
    Thanks folks for the tips.. My sim card or data hasnt even been entered yet.. im still charging.. Ill do a factory reset before I use it.. Even though its in brand new condition.. the person has bought it.. flashed it.. used it for a day or so.. then sold it, but Why Flash it.. FFS.

Ill report back soon... once its up and running

EDIT:

Reflashed the Lumia CVGB Black Rom as it would be after unpacking it, then did a factory reset, so now its working great and theres no possible trace of anything the last owner may have added or linked it too.

Thanks
    Now enjoy your phone.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 04:14 PM
    Now enjoy your phone.
    Thanks friend, after ive just sweated it cutting my micro sim down.. phew!. Im not sure of Nokias logic here. using a nano sim in a slab.. but there you go.

This is one Motha of a phone.. WOW, but I love it.. :)
    06-01-2014 04:23 PM
    Thanks friend, after ive just sweated it cutting my micro sim down.. phew!. Im not sure of Nokias logic here. using a nano sim in a slab.. but there you go.

This is one Motha of a phone.. WOW, but I love it.. :)
    Wonderful that you like it, enjoy it!!
    NightOrchid likes this.
    06-01-2014 08:09 PM
    Wonderful that you like it, enjoy it!!
    I intend to, but have you ever noticed.. when you get a new device you handle it with kid fingers until my new case arrives.. which with a phone this big.. ive handled it soo carefully .. ive almost dropped it twice.. :).. phew!.
    06-01-2014 08:55 PM
    I intend to, but have you ever noticed.. when you get a new device you handle it with kid fingers until my new case arrives.. which with a phone this big.. ive handled it soo carefully .. ive almost dropped it twice.. :).. phew!.
    Well, I usually will not use a new phone without a case. If I bought one I will wait until the case I ordered arrive and put it on. After spending hundreds of dollars in a phone you really need to pampering that phone.
    06-01-2014 09:25 PM
    Glad someone's got their phone, Mines still due for delivery, missing all the fun!
    Last edited by Westarmy; 06-02-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I put there instead of their, so now I corrected it with replacing there with their, safe from the grammar police!
    06-02-2014 06:55 PM
    Ive just collected my new 1520 and its on its 1st charge, however, I bought it BNIB from a 2nd hand store.

It says in "Settings > About" its Windows 8.1...
    So then it's not BNIB and has been man-handled in some way, shape or form.

Under settings > network+, what does the voice call counter say? If it's been used for even more than a minute, I would take it back (unless you got an insane deal for it).
    06-02-2014 07:33 PM
    Glad someone's got their phone, Mines still due for delivery, missing all the fun!
    Got my shiny new 1520 Saturday.

Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything. ;)
    06-03-2014 10:35 AM
    Got my shiny new 1520 Saturday.

Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything. ;)
    It was due delivery today... You never guess what.

It never came
    06-03-2014 02:33 PM