Should I update to the dev. update after I receive my Nokia 1520?

Win Luck

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am going to have my 1520 on this Wed. After read so many problems/issues that you had, my question is: Should I update to the latest dev. version (8.1) before install any app / personal settings to my new phone? Your help is greatly appreciate!

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I will wait for the official update.
I have my 1520 now for about two weeks and there is still so much to discover that waiting for the official update is no problem for me.

skyh1gh

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to ask same question. I am not sure if I am going to lose warranty or not... Oh well, guess ill wait for june 24th.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Update all your system apps and then download 8.1

After you download 8.1 then do a hard reset and then again update all your system apps and your good to go and shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Turn off WiFi sense and don't pin Cortana to the start screen. You can always go back to 8.0 if you want?

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

After you download 8.1 then do a hard reset and then again update all your system apps and your good to go and shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Turn off WiFi sense and don't pin Cortana to the start screen. You can always go back to 8.1 if you want?

What he said, except I think he meant ' ... go back to 8.0 if you want ...'

I'd get it, it's created a whole new WinPhone experience & I have Cortana pinned to Start screen w WiFi sense OFF ...
going back is reasonably straightforward, should it become an issue.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Turn off WiFi sense and don't pin Cortana to the start screen. You can always go back to 8.1 if you want?

This!

WP8.1 will turn your phone into a completely different animal. 8.1 has also been optimized for 1080p screens including smaller keyboard and 5 notification shortcuts. Include the swipe keyboard, cortana, transparent tiles, maps 8.1, and IE 11 and the pros far outweigh the cons... at least for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium