07-01-2014 02:26 AM
44 12
tools
    For me unfortunately after this latest update phone is very slow, every app is taking sometime to open even for the first time Asphalt 7 is hanging .So its a big disappointment for me.Many people in this thread saying while restarting "WINDOWS PHONE" in writing is not coming but for me not only the logo the writing also is coming. Earlier it was butterly smooth with 8.1 update now its pathetic. Is any one having this problem?
    06-04-2014 01:16 AM
    After this update I feel battery life is improved alot on my 1520...but keyboard vibration is stopped.
    06-04-2014 05:09 AM
    For me unfortunately after this latest update phone is very slow, every app is taking sometime to open even for the first time Asphalt 7 is hanging .So its a big disappointment for me.Many people in this thread saying while restarting "WINDOWS PHONE" in writing is not coming but for me not only the logo the writing also is coming. Earlier it was butterly smooth with 8.1 update now its pathetic. Is any one having this problem?
    Sounds like you need to do a hard reset. I had a couple of issues on the first update and a hard reset fixed everything. At least now with WP8.1 restoring your phone is great. The only thing that takes a long time is the reloading of all of the apps you had installed.
    06-04-2014 08:37 AM
    The latest update messed up my 1520 pretty good. No real issues before that, but since the upgrade battery life decreased and I experience a lot of freezing. Unlocking the screen results in a loading screen more often than not and the phone then freezes up and only comes back to life after a soft reset.
    06-04-2014 12:32 PM
    The latest update messed up my 1520 pretty good. No real issues before that, but since the upgrade battery life decreased and I experience a lot of freezing. Unlocking the screen results in a loading screen more often than not and the phone then freezes up and only comes back to life after a soft reset.
    I too have noticed decreased battery life. If I had location and data on, phone sitting idle, it would decrease maybe 3 or 4 % overnight. Now its decreasing 1% every couple of minutes it seems.
    06-04-2014 12:36 PM
    I too have noticed decreased battery life. If I had location and data on, phone sitting idle, it would decrease maybe 3 or 4 % overnight. Now its decreasing 1% every couple of minutes it seems.
    Need to keep monitoring the battery life. The decrease I saw so far is quite significant. Looks like I figured out the reason for the freezing though. After posting my comment, I remembered that i installed lockmix the same day I did the upgrade.
    Uninstalled it and unlocking the screen instantly got a lot snappier. I will know more in a few days, but it sure looks like lockmix doesn't go along well with WP 8.1
    06-04-2014 12:42 PM
    Does the hard reset reinstall the preview version or would I need to start over from 8.0? 8.1 works great but battery life is not close to what I was experiencing before. I have to top off my phone if I use it too much in the evening, especially if I am making phone calls.
    06-04-2014 12:42 PM
    How slowly does your battery drain when play, lets say, alphalt 8? Mine seems to drain very fast, around 20 % an hour.
    06-04-2014 12:45 PM
    That's not my understanding. If you think that's how it works, then that's fine. When you upgrade from WP8.0, you'll first get an update handler package installed, and then you get the latest WP8.1 build automatically download. I've never seen any reports of people having to re-check and download further incremental updates after upgrading the OS.
    I have received my Lumia 1520 today and first thing I have done is install windows phone 8.1 dp... And after installing WP 8.1 I am now updating a 3rd time -_-
    06-04-2014 02:59 PM
    Want to know if there has been any improvements towards camera especially video otherwise the phone has become smoother and battery drain has reduced to with average use 2.15% per hr.
    06-04-2014 03:57 PM
    As an avid Temple Run 2 fan I can confirm that this update has helped with game performance. The game no longer lags when the gameplay speeds up (something I've been critical of on here before).

Also, it fixed a bug I was having with Gmail whereby if you opened an email but it was only partially downloaded, you would tap the option to download the whole message but you could not scroll to the end of message. It would be cut off with no way to get to the bottom except for backing out of the email and opening it up again. It now works as it did in 8.0.
    06-04-2014 04:41 PM
    Att 1520, my touch issue has came back as well as the funky negative affect from the lock screen. Phone was awesome for 2days after update now its back. Had the issue on 8.0 went away with 8.1 stayed away with 8.1 update 1 now back with updated 2.
    SOOOO EFING OVER IT Microsoft
    06-05-2014 07:49 PM
    Att 1520, my touch issue has came back as well as the funky negative affect from the lock screen. Phone was awesome for 2days after update now its back. Had the issue on 8.0 went away with 8.1 stayed away with 8.1 update 1 now back with updated 2.
    SOOOO EFING OVER IT Microsoft
    Do you have your phone password protected? After the latest update the other day, it's hard to unlock my phone. I barely touch the keypad, and it will register as 3 or 4 taps and then tells me I entered the code incorrectly. Sometimes it takes several tries to make it work. I don't want to give up the security of requiring the code to unlock the phone, but I don't want to be locked out of my own phone either.
    06-05-2014 08:42 PM
    Yeap . But something changed on ma lumia 1520. My notifications icon ( battery. Wifi . . . ) is get too small and also the keyboard buttons. . I mean those item in winphone 8 was bigger than 8.1 developer.is that a problem or no? If u wanna screenshots i can send.
    06-05-2014 08:49 PM
    Do you have your phone password protected? After the latest update the other day, it's hard to unlock my phone. I barely touch the keypad, and it will register as 3 or 4 taps and then tells me I entered the code incorrectly. Sometimes it takes several tries to make it work. I don't want to give up the security of requiring the code to unlock the phone, but I don't want to be locked out of my own phone either.
    Yes mine does that too now when I have a password.
    06-06-2014 09:23 AM
    How slowly does your battery drain when play, lets say, alphalt 8? Mine seems to drain very fast, around 20 % an hour.
    this one... but i noticed that i do not have to restart my phone just to prevent lag on asphalt 8. works all the time

faster transition around menus. from tiles to apps list.
    06-06-2014 09:48 AM
    Yeap . But something changed on ma lumia 1520. My notifications icon ( battery. Wifi . . . ) is get too small and also the keyboard buttons. . I mean those item in winphone 8 was bigger than 8.1 developer.is that a problem or no? If u wanna screenshots i can send.
    Its like that for everyone with a 1520 running 8.1, hopefully the next update from Nokia will fix this. You will get used to it as I dont even notice it anymore.
    06-06-2014 10:39 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I need some help my battery was normally running fine but after the recent update when my battery reaches around 60% i will get the message from my battery app saying battery is draining quickly and would go to 0% and switch off in four hours also my average battery use was at 2.15% per hour now its 3.3% without any change in usage habits.
    06-07-2014 03:33 PM
    and what about the lumia 1520 screen sensitivity issue .. its fixed ? or its still there like a angry ghost ? whose not going to leave you untill he gets what he wants . ?

i am really considering to buy this phone as i am kinda bored from android ..!!!!
    reply ,... !!!
    07-01-2014 02:26 AM
44 12