Improvements in Lumia 1520 8.1 preview update 2 (2-June-2014)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Here you can mention any improvements for Lumia 1520 8.1 preview update 2 (2-June-2014)

I have noticed noticeable Smoother and faster experience. What about you?

g4mbl1n

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the Display update it seems like the phantom touch bug is gone for me! Also agree in speed and smoothness. My experience with my 1520.3 has been getting better and better in the last two weeks with the recent updates. Not that this isn't the best phone I've ever owned already.. Here's to hoping the Music app keeps improving too cause the next updates is supposed to greatly improve it's start up time and quickness.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Here you can mention any improvements for Lumia 1520 8.1 preview update 2 (2-June-2014)

I have noticed noticeable Smoother and faster experience. What about you?

The smoother & faster experience you reference is a function of reloading everything (after update). That's ALWAYS the case, question is how long does it last. As I just mentioned in another thread, Battery life may have been addressed (successfully), my battery is draining very slowly, even under heavy use (game). It'll take a couple of days (& some battery stats) to figure it out, in the meantime, enjoy WinPhone 8.1 (waiting for Lumia Cyan !).

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Are these incremental updates pushed once you've done the initial 8.1 install? (I get the phone Thursday).

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it was the update, but Xbox Music doesn't open anymore. Aside from that I haven't noticed massive differences.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Are these incremental updates pushed once you've done the initial 8.1 install? (I get the phone Thursday).

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Yes, they are incremental. Meaning you have to do an update 'check' after each one is done. It's a long process of waiting.

M Mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The only visible difference is Cortana live tile. It can be pinned now, no more lags and/or battery problems with cortana pinned.

Sent from my 41716VG using Tapatalk

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Popping noise when seeking through video still isn't fixed. I had noticed a lack of phantom taps after the display update. Had a couple in the WPC app last night though.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The initial 8.1 install will give you the latest build. You won't need to install WP8.1 three times.

I noticed no change at all with this update on me 1520. I did manage to see the quiet hours settings by searching for them in bing, but that's about it.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The only visible difference is Cortana live tile. It can be pinned now, no more lags and/or battery problems with cortana pinned.

Sent from my 41716VG using Tapatalk

I will Pin Cortana again and test that out. I had random lockups with huge battery drain when I had Cortana pinned before.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The initial 8.1 install will give you the latest build. You won't need to install WP8.1 three times.

I noticed no change at all with this update on me 1520. I did manage to see the quiet hours settings by searching for them in bing, but that's about it.

Nope. You won't get the latest. There have been what, 3 or 4 updates since the Developer Preview?

You will have to download all of those in order by doing a check for updates on your phone after each one is done installing.

Easycure1974

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope. You won't get the latest. There have been what, 3 or 4 updates since the Developer Preview?

You will have to download all of those in order by doing a check for updates on your phone after each one is done installing.

If you go back to 8 and then install Dp 8.1 it will install the latest release

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's not my understanding. If you think that's how it works, then that's fine. When you upgrade from WP8.0, you'll first get an update handler package installed, and then you get the latest WP8.1 build automatically download. I've never seen any reports of people having to re-check and download further incremental updates after upgrading the OS.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Very strange... Installed an app called music hub tiles and with it I can open Xbox Music without a problem... Using the standard Music tile, doesn't do a thing...
Could you possibly be pointed at the old version of music (I remember there was an article on this site just after the 8.1 preview release about how the old version of music was still buried deep in the 8.1 build and how to find it because the 8.1 version was so messed up) if so possible MS removed/disabled the old version as a housekeeping task in this update.

Cheers
BR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo