Can anyone explain these? I've had my phone for 4 days. Got it right from AT&T. The marks do not wipe or scratch off. I tried with my finger nail.

I'm only concerned cause I got the phone through the Next program and I have to return it. The condition of the phone matter, I guess.

There's a couple on the top too, but none anywhere else. It's almost like wear marks...

Edit: That picture actually gave me a better view than with my bare eyes. It looks like a coating is peeling off...

I'm just worried, if this is happening after a few days, what will it look like in a year?
    Last edited by Blacklac; 06-03-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    06-03-2014 07:35 PM
    Can anyone explain these? I've had my phone for 4 days. Got it right from AT&T. The marks do not wipe or scratch off. I tried with my finger nail.

I'm only concerned cause I got the phone through the Next program and I have to return it. The condition of the phone matter, I guess.

There's a couple on the top too, but none anywhere else. It's almost like wear marks...

http://i.imgur.com/SH0oiwA.jpg
    I think I seen a post about those mark a while but I can't remember why or what they are? I would return the phone for another one if I were you.
    06-03-2014 07:49 PM
    This phone runs great too. I don't wanna get a lemon in return... Lol. I prob will talk to ATT about swapping phones, tomorrow.
    06-03-2014 07:53 PM
    Mine has the same marks.. I thought it was scratches at first but I'm not sure what it is?
    06-03-2014 11:35 PM
    I use the global version (RM-937), not the AT&T. I also have a mark like that (take note: a mark, just one) near the Nokia brand at the back side. I don't think it's the coating peeling off. It looks more like a drop of ink.
    06-04-2014 07:29 AM
    Not trying to be funny, but the phone doesn't have a protective coating that you are supposed to peel off after unpacking, maybe? These days a lot of stuff I buy comes with plastic film on the areas that could get damaged in transit that you remove once you open it?
    06-04-2014 07:25 PM

http://i.imgur.com/SH0oiwA.jpg

Edit: That picture actually gave me a better view than with my bare eyes. It looks like a coating is peeling off...

I'm just worried, if this is happening after a few days, what will it look like in a year?
    I have that same problem except with waaay less spots. I'm thinking its just a manufacturing defect with the matte black phones during the painting process (for lack of a better word). I think this because my phone is also matte black and I got it 3 weeks and 3 days ago, so it's relatively new. I didn't really notice it until an hour or two after I got the phone and thought I did it, but I'm too careful with my devices for this to be my fault, then I realized it might have been like that out of the box but I was just drooling to much over how awesome it looks to notice it. Anyway, at least in my case, it doesn't affect how the phone runs and isn't too noticeable so I barely ever notice it.
    06-04-2014 08:36 PM
    Not trying to be funny, but the phone doesn't have a protective coating that you are supposed to peel off after unpacking, maybe? These days a lot of stuff I buy comes with plastic film on the areas that could get damaged in transit that you remove once you open it?
    :D. No removable coating.
    06-04-2014 08:45 PM
    :D. No removable coating.

Was worth a punt..... Sorry.....
    06-05-2014 03:05 AM
    Was worth a punt..... Sorry.....
    I appreciate it man. You never know.
    06-05-2014 10:03 AM
    I appreciate it man. You never know.
    Eternal optimist, me ;o)
    06-05-2014 10:10 AM
    This phone runs great too. I don't wanna get a lemon in return... Lol. I prob will talk to ATT about swapping phones, tomorrow.
    What has at&t said about this? I'm wondering what the cause is except probably won't be switching to a new 1520 because I'm crazy in a way that I have special bonds with my devices.
    06-08-2014 02:22 PM