About to buy 1520 by this month end. SD card query

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm using a Lumia 820 with WP 8.1 preview at the moment and I have a 32gb SanDisk ultra class 10 SD card. Will that be good enough for the 1520?

And I have stored a lot of apps in the SD card. If I install the dev preview or if the actual OTA update comes by the time I purchase the phone, will I be able to access those apps from the SD card? Because I remember reading an article here that said one would have to reinstall the apps that are in the SD card. But I'm not sure if I remember right!

So kindly help. Thanks in advance!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
the official update will install the firmware so..you wont need to reinstall the apps...you can safely purchase the sd card and use it with the dev preview update...:)

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm using a Lumia 820 with WP 8.1 preview at the moment and I have a 32gb SanDisk ultra class 10 SD card. Will that be good enough for the 1520?

And I have stored a lot of apps in the SD card. If I install the dev preview or if the actual OTA update comes by the time I purchase the phone, will I be able to access those apps from the SD card? Because I remember reading an article here that said one would have to reinstall the apps that are in the SD card. But I'm not sure if I remember right!

So kindly help. Thanks in advance!

Do you mean that if your apps will gets preserve if you will switch and insert your 820 SD card to a 8.1 phone?

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
the official update will install the firmware so..you wont need to reinstall the apps...you can safely purchase the sd card and use it with the dev preview update...:)

I already have the SD card. Wanted to know if I ll be able to use the apps in the 1520 also. N also wanted to know if the card I have now would be compatible with 1520

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Dunno if the apps will transfer to NEW phone on the sdcard, worth a shot.

The speed will be fine, that's ~ what I have.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If you have apps in your Lumia 820 SD card and if you insert the card in your 1520 an message will popup recommending you to clean the preinstalled apps in the SD card so you wont be able to do it

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If you have apps in your Lumia 820 SD card and if you insert the card in your 1520 an message will popup recommending you to clean the preinstalled apps in the SD card so you wont be able to do it

So does that mean I would have to reinstall those apps again?
N another question. When I use my ms id for the new phone will the apps that were in my phone memory in 820 get installed automatically or is it like a factory reset making me install everything again?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
N another question. When I use my ms id for the new phone will the apps that were in my phone memory in 820 get installed automatically or is it like a factory reset making me install everything again?

If you select to restore a back up you sign in to your phone then your start screen and apps will automatically be downloaded on your new phone.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

First perform a backup so when next time you enter your ms I'd in your Lumia 1520 you will be prompted to restore the backup (wifi must be enabled) and the start screen including apps on phone and SD card will automatically start downloading...you dont have to do it manually...but the thing is you must create a backup as I have said earlier..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos