the 1520 Screen Cracks easy!

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I had mine for 6 days! I was putting on a case to protect the screen and when I was pressing down on the bottom left part to put in the case the screen cracked. You can see an outline where my thumb was! WTF!!!! Then I put that part in the case first then was pressing the top right corner and that also cracked the top part. How is this even possible!

Last week my friend who has the 1520 dropped it from about a foot and that smashed his screen. I have had the 800, 900, 920 and the 1020 and dropped them all and never had this type of issue. Are the 1520 screen's really that bad???

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think it may have been a fault, as I dropped mine today with no case... DESPITE ONLY RECEIVING IT Wednesday and all it has is a minor dent and scuff above the camera, despite no cover and landing at an angle and scraping it on the ground screen face, the screen in immaculate and nothing else I'm so annoyed at myself though I wasn't going to take my phone to college today as I had an exam argh!!!

Now I have a scuff ::crying: and a dent on a 2 day old

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I had mine for 6 days! I was putting on a case to protect the screen and when I was pressing down on the bottom left part to put in the case the screen cracked. You can see an outline where my thumb was! WTF!!!! Then I put that part in the case first then was pressing the top right corner and that also cracked the top part. How is this even possible!

Last week my friend who has the 1520 dropped it from about a foot and that smashed his screen. I have had the 800, 900, 920 and the 1020 and dropped them all and never had this type of issue. Are the 1520 screen's really that bad???

Do you have any photos of the damage?

Wes D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same happened to me today...slipped off my table and onto the concrete patio. Spiderwebbed screen. My 1020 has been tossed, thrown, dropped, and still looks good. I just think the LCD is thin on these phone. Well I am going to the MSFT store this week to get a new one.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When it come to drops, it could either survive an apocalypse or break from a 20cm fall. It depends so much on how it just happens to land. But I guess the bigger the screen, the more vulnerable it also is.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Common sense tells us that a phone with a bigger screen would be more prone to crack on falls.
Comparing L1520 and L920 (or others) in terms of fall management, makes no sense at all.

That being said, ther are lots of cases that help ensure the security of your phone incase of falls.
Here are a few:
Mpero Impact x Series Kickstand Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Teal Chevron | eBay

Blue Yellow Hybrid Rubber Kickstand Cover Hard Gel Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay

Black Hard Cover w White Silicone Hybrid Rugged Skin Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay

They all come in different colors and you can see lots more if you perform a little search.

Im sorrey if I dont come across sympathetic. Its just that i dont know what you were expecting with a phone of that size.
If you arent careful enough to avoid drops, get a damned case!

gleneston

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my 1520 from waist height straight on its face 2 times in one day and the screen is fine. I think i got extremely lucky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb