Nokia Lumia 1520 camera doesn't work!!! Help!!!!

Arie Vianza

May 17, 2014
Visit site
A new 1520 camera module? Unless you've stolen the phone or knowingly bought a stolen phone you should be fully covered by the hardware warranties from Nokia. Just let them worry about troubleshooting and repairs.

Yup. This is Nokia's Problem. They give you 12 months warranty for the hardware. It's their responsibility.
My 1520 is now with central NCC after local NCC near my place gave up. I just wished that it could take shorter than 3 weeks like they said. Back to my slow old phone for now >.<

Angel Casilla

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone legally. The problem is, I bought it to a friend from Miami, USA. I am in the Dominican Republic and there isn't a Nokia Care center here. The price to send the phone there to replace it is around 200 dollars. 4 times the money the camera cost on eBay. But I don't know if is a original camera. Does their cover the shipping cost?

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought the phone legally. The problem is, I bought it to a friend from Miami, USA. I am in the Dominican Republic and there isn't a Nokia Care center here. The price to send the phone there to replace it is around 200 dollars. 4 times the money the camera cost on eBay. But I don't know if is a original camera. Does their cover the shipping cost?

Viejo, yo contact? a Nokia via twitter y me dijeron que tienen como 3 Nokia care aqu?, en Santo Domingo, aparte de que tambi?n la c?mara la puedes conseguir individual y es super facil de reemplazar, yo reparo celulares y conozco de eso.

Aqu? est? el tuit de Nokia: @guillams 2/2 Para visualizar el m?s cercano ingresa aqu? https://t.co/f8NtxqVaG1 Saludos. ^PC

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
At the same time, this one is in Spain, and the seller has good reputation, if you can't send to Nokia Care and decide to fix it by your self, before buy anything open it and check if the camara is well connected, if so, the you can buy this: Check out this item I found using the eBay Windows Phone App: http://ebay.us/MVk361

Angel Casilla

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
These aren`t Noklia Care, just dealers. I tried to open it, but i can`t find the screw driver i need to this. I have a Torx T5 but it doesn`t fit. I can?t remove the screw in the SIM door.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, me hablaron embustes, pens? que s? eran Care Center, en fin, donde vives? Porque no creo sea dif?cil conseguir uno en Santo Domingo

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
These aren`t Noklia Care, just dealers. I tried to open it, but i can`t find the screw driver i need to this. I have a Torx T5 but it doesn`t fit. I can?t remove the screw in the SIM door.

You need a T3 torx to do it. I have taken mine apart several times to change the colour. Thinking about it I might go to yellow tonight.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue. Went back to 8.0 and same thing. Mailing my 1520 for repair tomorrow.

Going to pick up the 520 c/ free case from the MS store. Will given to my son when I get the 1520 back.

Arie Vianza

May 17, 2014
Visit site

It's so risky what you're doing there... my pray is with you. I think, even the Nokia repairman would having trouble doing this (maybe; based on my case)

Just wanna update you with my 1520 news. It was definitely the camera module. NCC replaced it for me for free. But they placed it wrong (not centered) + damage the front rubber seal that secure the glass to the housing. I ask them to take responsibility to fix it again. So I'm waiting again for it now. For complete story just check my updated thread about it.

Angel Casilla

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought the camera to replace it myself. There isn?t a NCC in my country and the price to send it to replace is more than the price to buy the camera. Thanks a lot to everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6