06-20-2014 11:44 AM
30 12
tools
    I went to the att store today to see it in person and it was a beast!!

I see the battery life is amazing which I love ... But how is it talking on it? It is so dang big though I think I would feel like a d-bag or a hipster actually using it in public .... Maybe I am wrong but I think it is a tablet with cell service.

Is it something I could get used to? Which pocket does it fit in? Hoe big is it once you put a case on it?

Now I have had 5" phones before and like it very much. I am just not sure about another inch or so. The Lumia 520 is taking some getting use to because it is only 4" and pretty small for my fingers.

Thoughts? Talk me into buying one maybe?
    Sent from my lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2014 02:01 PM
    I've never had a single issue talking on mine. It's big but as a big guy it fits in all my pockets just fine and that's with an otterbox like case on it. At first I felt it was huge but after a while you get used to it and think all other phones are too small.
    06-07-2014 02:16 PM
    Well, it seems to be big, for people who don't own one.
    I don't feel like its big, i just feel like other phoness are small compared to my 1520.
    The Phone fits perfectly in my pockets, but i have to say i do not wear skinny jeans.
    The way it looks when you are on the Phone doesn't matter to me because i don't have to look at it, i suppose it doesn't look half as stupid as people making pictures with an Ipad and also not half as silly as the same kind of people making pictures with an ipad with a sleeve dangling under it.
    That, my dear friend looks amazingly stupid.

And for the rest, the 1520 has this amazing camera segment which blows everything the other manufacturers make out of the water, its designed and looks as if it was made out of one solid piece of marble, and it keeps working as smooth as silk no matter how much apps you download.
    And to keep the best for last, it looks so damn good everybody that sees it is in aw, and it keeps getting better, even the battery life that is already far better than the competition keeps getting improvements.
    06-07-2014 02:19 PM
    I thought it was big at first. But soon got use to it. I can put it in any pocket, but sometimes too heavy for the shirt pocket. I use to own the Note 2 and sold it because I thought it was too big, but for some reason, I don't have that feeling with the 1520. I have 2 of them, will be selling one soon..
    bushwhacked likes this.
    06-07-2014 02:19 PM
    Very solid and good phone 📞 I've sold my 5s for this 📱
    sd173 and JamesPTao like this.
    06-07-2014 02:31 PM
    I'm sure I'll get used to the size over time... I just spent so much time making fun of the iPad picture takers that I don't. Want to be one of them now haha

I am excited about the great camera on it though ... No need to take my big camera most places.
    06-07-2014 02:31 PM
    You can always get a headset. That's what I use to talk most times.
    Laura Knotek and bushwhacked like this.
    06-07-2014 04:06 PM
    I thought that my Note was as big as I would be able to use but after going from my 925 to the 1520 it took only a matter of days until I found the 925 too small. For me the 1520 is perfect size for me and I find it easier to use than the three Note's I had.
    06-07-2014 04:29 PM
    It may be larger than most phones but I don't see it as a tablet. My iPad Mini is quite a bit bigger. I can put my 1520 in all my pants front pockets although and most will fully cover it but on occasion it may stick out a little. As for using it, it's a little wide to hold with 1 hand but not too bad. The screen is beautiful and browsing full web pages is much more tolerable than on my old 920. Also it's large enough to occasionally use Remote Desktop to my computer. Given a choice, I would prefer something slightly smaller, only because I have to stretch my hand a little to hold it with 1 hand, maybe 5 1/2 inches or so would be prefect and if the 5 inch Icon or 930 was available for AT&T I might have bought that instead but on an overall basis I'm happy with the 1520.
    kuffcakes likes this.
    06-07-2014 04:52 PM
    It takes some getting used to but in time you will.

I don't carry it in my pocket,even with my glass screen protector on it.

Anytime you go to this large of screen,you will have to re-accustom yourself to it.

I wear mine in Insipio NFG case inside a PDair horizontal leather belt case,and it does take a lot of bumps where I work.

You'll find texting is definitely a 2 hand proposition so get a top quality Bluetooth headset and accustom yourself to using voice to text,it makes things easier for you.

Other than having those with smaller phones around you sayin. " why you carrying a big screen tv around" you'll find that folks want to see how it looks.

It's a very nice phone,very high quality,so protect it well.

Mac
    jive_inc likes this.
    06-07-2014 05:28 PM
    fits in my pockets fine, I actually like talking on it better then small phones. My main reason for picking it up comparing it to the 1040 was this
    quad core
    1080p
    memory card.

and I was sold the memory card is an amazing option, the quad core also makes it so much faster (aka more future proof)
    06-07-2014 05:33 PM
    Hate me for this, but the S3 is too small, I honestly can't go smaller. What's seen can't be unseen, just using an s3 is tiny!
    06-07-2014 06:19 PM
    I love the size of my 1520 but I wish it was bigger.
    sd173 and Christopher Lindsay like this.
    06-07-2014 08:57 PM
    It takes some getting used to but in time you will.

I don't carry it in my pocket,even with my glass screen protector on it.

Anytime you go to this large of screen,you will have to re-accustom yourself to it.

I wear mine in Insipio NFG case inside a PDair horizontal leather belt case,and it does take a lot of bumps where I work.

You'll find texting is definitely a 2 hand proposition so get a top quality Bluetooth headset and accustom yourself to using voice to text,it makes things easier for you.

Other than having those with smaller phones around you sayin. " why you carrying a big screen tv around" you'll find that folks want to see how it looks.

It's a very nice phone,very high quality,so protect it well.

Mac
    What screen protector do you have?
    06-07-2014 09:20 PM
    Thanks for all the opinions guys ....

Yes the 1080p is going to be awesome and I've always love the SD slots in android and MPs it helps a lot to be able to buy a cheaper phone with smaller storage space then update a lot cheaper with SD card.

I figure as big as it is I will have to text with 2 hands ... Never thought about Bluetooth to text.

I bet browsing looks awesome with the massive screen.

Glad I will be able to fit it in my pockets.
    06-07-2014 09:48 PM
    Thanks for all the opinions guys ....

Yes the 1080p is going to be awesome and I've always love the SD slots in android and MPs it helps a lot to be able to buy a cheaper phone with smaller storage space then update a lot cheaper with SD card.

I figure as big as it is I will have to text with 2 hands ... Never thought about Bluetooth to text.

I bet browsing looks awesome with the massive screen.

Glad I will be able to fit it in my pockets.
    Yep. Plus the 1520 will accept up to 128gb SD card. Which is enough to last for anyone.
    06-08-2014 01:59 PM
    Yep. Plus the 1520 will accept up to 128gb SD card. Which is enough to last for anyone.
    Give it a few years! Back in the day I remember 20GB hard drives being huge... now we have 2TB. How times change!
    06-08-2014 02:08 PM
    I went to the att store today to see it in person and it was a beast!!

I see the battery life is amazing which I love ... But how is it talking on it? It is so dang big though I think I would feel like a d-bag or a hipster actually using it in public .... Maybe I am wrong but I think it is a tablet with cell service.

Is it something I could get used to? Which pocket does it fit in? Hoe big is it once you put a case on it?

Now I have had 5" phones before and like it very much. I am just not sure about another inch or so. The Lumia 520 is taking some getting use to because it is only 4" and pretty small for my fingers.

Thoughts? Talk me into buying one maybe?

Sent from my lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Just get the Sony SBh52 Bluetooth. It works like a small phone in your hand. You hold the Bluetooth to your head ( or use headphones with the Bluetooth) and talk leaving the phone in your pocket. That's what I do. You do what you feel comfortable with.

The size is not too big, until you hold it next to someone else's, which I did for the first time in a while. Even I was surprised, but didn't say anything, nor did they. I was showing them 8.1.

Anyway, out of a case, it is thin, really thin. Small side bezels. I can hardly use a small phone now. And, everything everyone else said.
    06-09-2014 07:05 AM
    I love the size of my 1520 but I wish it was bigger.
    Wistrom has come out with a design for a 6.45 inch screen windows 8.1 phone
    06-09-2014 12:08 PM
    I've been around since the days of 10MB MFM 8" drives...

128GB still covers all my everyday documents and all my music....
    JamesPTao likes this.
    06-10-2014 12:05 PM
    I've been around since the days of 10MB MFM 8" drives...

128GB still covers all my everyday documents and all my music....
    I second this. 128 GB cards is a huge reason I'm probably never going back to iPhone. No worries at all about space. I love it.
    Will6371 likes this.
    06-10-2014 03:28 PM
    Yep ... I am sure apple will one day make an SD card slot and then brag about how they are on the leading edge of innovation with it lol

That is probably the biggest reason I will not go to apple... Lack of expand ability and they charge a ton for a 32gb or 64gb phone.
    06-10-2014 03:39 PM
    Went from a 920 to a 1520.
    First of all like everybody said, you get used to the size. For me it was fast. Like one or 2 days tops.
    I'm kind of a big guy (1.88 cm) so it fits very well in my pocket but texting with one hand is close to impossible.

What I actually want to add to what the others have said is the following: I find myself using this phone MUCH more than I used to use the 920 and that is for 2 reasons:
    1. The screen: You've got more real estate to browse the web or to read articles or to a little research or what ever. So whenever I'm next to my desk I now use my 1520 instead of using my PC just because it's easy to use.
    2. The battery lasts 1.5 to 2x as much as the 920's meaning that when I'm on the go I'm not afraid to use my phone. When I was on the 920 I used to think twice before doing anything, planing ahead and making sure that my phone wasn't going to run out of juice.
    06-10-2014 03:40 PM
    It is so dang big though I think I would feel like a d-bag or a hipster actually using it in public ....
    I thought hipsters like the really small phones.

zoolander_cell_phone.jpg
    bushwhacked likes this.
    06-10-2014 04:07 PM
    I saw a young woman (about 5'2", 110 lbs) at Whole Foods wearing short shorts and had what looked to be a Mega (in a case as well!) stuffed into her back pocket. Now granted, the phone was only half in the pocket, but I'm telling you it looked great. The phone looked fine too. I was going to ask if I could snap a photo but I'm sure her boyfriend would've clocked me so all you get is the story. The moral of this immoral story is that anyone of any size can be perfectly happy and look good with a large phone.
    Laura Knotek and Will6371 like this.
    06-10-2014 04:14 PM
30 12