1520 ... Why and how?

bushwhacked

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Yep ... I am sure apple will one day make an SD card slot and then brag about how they are on the leading edge of innovation with it lol

That is probably the biggest reason I will not go to apple... Lack of expand ability and they charge a ton for a 32gb or 64gb phone.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Went from a 920 to a 1520.
First of all like everybody said, you get used to the size. For me it was fast. Like one or 2 days tops.
I'm kind of a big guy (1.88 cm) so it fits very well in my pocket but texting with one hand is close to impossible.

What I actually want to add to what the others have said is the following: I find myself using this phone MUCH more than I used to use the 920 and that is for 2 reasons:
1. The screen: You've got more real estate to browse the web or to read articles or to a little research or what ever. So whenever I'm next to my desk I now use my 1520 instead of using my PC just because it's easy to use.
2. The battery lasts 1.5 to 2x as much as the 920's meaning that when I'm on the go I'm not afraid to use my phone. When I was on the 920 I used to think twice before doing anything, planing ahead and making sure that my phone wasn't going to run out of juice.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I saw a young woman (about 5'2", 110 lbs) at Whole Foods wearing short shorts and had what looked to be a Mega (in a case as well!) stuffed into her back pocket. Now granted, the phone was only half in the pocket, but I'm telling you it looked great. The phone looked fine too. I was going to ask if I could snap a photo but I'm sure her boyfriend would've clocked me so all you get is the story. The moral of this immoral story is that anyone of any size can be perfectly happy and look good with a large phone.

cgavula

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Like most of these folks, I worried that it would be too big and occasionally people will comment that it seems to big or looks stupid when you talk on it, but here's the reality: Its big, but it's thin and the bezels are set up to make it easier to handle than many phones this size. If you don't want to be seen holding it up to your head, then use a bluetooth headset.

And like the others, I find it fits in my pants pockets fine (even with the Nokia case on it), but it's a bit to large to fit well into a dress shirt pocket, but that really isn't a big deal.

Sometimes I worry someone will maybe snatch it out of my back pocket so I find myself just holding it, but it's about the size and weight of a day planner, so I kind of treat it like that.

I also have iOS devices and I can't say I won't consider the iPhone 6 when it comes out, but I have to say for the past 6 months this has been my daily driver and even when I try to move away from it, due to some of the limitations of Windows phone, I find my self coming back to it. It's a really great, solid, well-done device and for those who say it can't be a flagship because it's too big, I say they are wrong and need to actually use it for a bit before they say silly things like that. It might be too big for some, but most people will adapt quickly, I think, and appreciate it for what it is - a great phone!

arunsandeep

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
was using 720 before buying 1520 and now I cannot imagine using a smaller phone...720 seems so tiny!!

Agreed its a big phone and you mostly need two hands to operate it, but once you get used to it, you do not feel like going back to a smaller one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster