Those with battery issues read this please!

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
About the phone getting hot, is all about how apps runs, for example I was using toib as YouTube app, but my phone got so hot while watching videos, then tried Mytube and it didn't get hot and the battery discharge less, so some apps are battery killer!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
About the phone getting hot, is all about how apps runs, for example I was using toib as YouTube app, but my phone got so hot while watching videos, then tried Mytube and it didn't get hot and the battery discharge less, so some apps are battery killer!

Lazy developers to be honest, remember the PS3 and Xbox 360 fiasco?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone I've noticed of what could possibly be a bug,

Basically look at your phone usage under battery saver (native app) and notice the big guzzlers.
Then do a soft reset which is done by holding power button and volume down key, hold until the Nokia logo returns.

I noticed after I bought my 1520 on Thursday past that the nokia camera app was using a lot of battery when I had not even used it. But I was using a case for the 1520 that was I bought for the 920 with an incipio hybrid case and while it fits the 1520 with a bit of stretch without a case. But a lot of times I was apparently hitting the side camera button or hitting the power and camera buttons when putting the device in the case. So I'm getting another case that fits the 1620 as well as the mega 7.3. Since I don't use the camera often I have unpinned the nokia camera tile. Battery life is better and the phones not running hot for now.

Now the phone has restarted DO NOT I repeat do not go into music, photos or camera for the time being. Then adjust the time correctly and look under usage under battery saver, you should see its completely blank, use your phone as normal, no camera, music etc and then check again with the battery saver about usage, from what I've seen its really low usage.

Now open up camera, or an app such as 9snap, use it for a few minutes. Now check the usage again, you may perhaps notice a large amount of apps becoming active and will remain active.

However I want to know if this happens to others? As it sure as bell does to me!

Thank you

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Update, perhaps the final one.

After doing all of the above my phone is now at a constant discharge rate of 0.5% with Wi-Fi on, whilst using whats app. What's greatly increased is perhaps turning off battery saver as pankaj981 stated.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Update, perhaps the final one.

After doing all of the above my phone is now at a constant discharge rate of 0.5% with Wi-Fi on, whilst using whats app. What's greatly increased is perhaps turning off battery saver as pankaj981 stated.

0.5% per hour sounds fine. I have 18 or more apps allowed in the background with 10 live tiles updating plus glance set to peek and I get 0.3% per hour battery usage with 3g and 7% per hour with 4g

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Turn off battery saver and disable it running in the background, it won't update the live tile but you'll definitely get a better battery life

Looks like Battery saver is not actually saving the battery but consuming it instead? What an irony... LOL

greythorne

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a carrier variant model. it's the Singtel variant. When i tried to do a soft reset by holding power button and volume down button i am suppose to see the nokia logo instead i am seeing the carrier's logo keep popping up. so am i doing the soft reset right?

And what am i suppose to see under the battery saver options? All i see is remaining battery life, estimated time remaining and time since last charged.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a carrier variant model. it's the Singtel variant. When i tried to do a soft reset by holding power button and volume down button i am suppose to see the nokia logo instead i am seeing the carrier's logo keep popping up. so am i doing the soft reset right?

And what am i suppose to see under the battery saver options? All i see is remaining battery life, estimated time remaining and time since last charged.

Yeah you're doing it right its just the way your phone is configured in that country due to carrier. And sorry for not being clear this is for those with windows phone 8.1

For me, the battery has greatly improved since turning off battery saver... Over a day now and at 42%

greythorne

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the 920 and disabling battery saver does help to some degrees.

I still think the iPhones has the best standby power compared to WP, Android. On my Nokia Lumia 1520 I was at 85% but when I woke up in the morning I saw the battery was down to 74% however on the iPhone 5s I charge it to 100% In the night and In the morning it was still at 100%. Any idea why is that so that WP is unable to hold on?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I disabled her and my phone last 4 more hours so I think she does

Based on the stats in battery saver her usage is fairly insignificant... I don't really want for extra juice so for me it's worth it to have her always running. I've dipped into battery saver mode exactly once since I made the leap to 8.1, and I did the update within minutes of it becoming available. My battery life got better, even though I now leave location on for Cortana vs leaving it off unless I needed it when I was running 8.0!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I still think the iPhones has the best standby power compared to WP, Android. On my Nokia Lumia 1520 I was at 85% but when I woke up in the morning I saw the battery was down to 74% however on the iPhone 5s I charge it to 100% In the night and In the morning it was still at 100%. Any idea why is that so that WP is unable to hold on?

I drop 2% over night.

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am down to one day on my 1020 with so much running in the background disabled the phone should be collecting disability I hope it gets better. I make no calls get about 100 emails and send about 10 texts per day the rest of the time it is in lock mode and the juice just gets sucked out

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I am down to one day on my 1020 with so much running in the background disabled the phone should be collecting disability I hope it gets better. I make no calls get about 100 emails and send about 10 texts per day the rest of the time it is in lock mode and the juice just gets sucked out
I would do a soft reset you may have something stuck running in the background that shouldn't.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am seeing a 20-25% improvement in battery in my 1020 after 8.1

Ichigo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I noticed significant battery drainage on my Lumia 1520. I am currently looking at my screen with 90% battery life remaining. Estimated time remaining: 11 hours. I have Battery saver off at all time. I turned off wifi. I have Bluetooth on. I am a heavy user. I constantly play games (Throne wars and Cloud Raiders). I wake up at 7.30 with phone charged overnight (12-7.30) and I have to charge it in the office since I will be using it heavily throughout the day. Is there anything I do wrong? Why all people here could charge their phone once every two days? I am with WP 8.1, AT&T, microSD sandisk class 10. Could it be the microSD causing this? Please help.

wp_ss_20140617_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20140617_0002.jpg

Tried everything that I could. I just did soft reset, the battery jumped from 90% to 100%, but the estimated is still 12 hours. opened 2 mins apart, it dropped 2% to 98% now. :(((( darn it.. why?

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed significant battery drainage on my Lumia 1520. I am currently looking at my screen with 90% battery life remaining. Estimated time remaining: 11 hours. I have Battery saver off at all time. I turned off wifi. I have Bluetooth on. I am a heavy user. I constantly play games (Throne wars and Cloud Raiders). I wake up at 7.30 with phone charged overnight (12-7.30) and I have to charge it in the office since I will be using it heavily throughout the day. Is there anything I do wrong? Why all people here could charge their phone once every two days? I am with WP 8.1, AT&T, microSD sandisk class 10. Could it be the microSD causing this? Please help.

View attachment 69389
View attachment 69390

Tried everything that I could. I just did soft reset, the battery jumped from 90% to 100%, but the estimated is still 12 hours. opened 2 mins apart, it dropped 2% to 98% now. :(((( darn it.. why?

Right I have another update and a good one. Disable Nokia built in processes such as Glance, oddly enough since yesterday night with glance off, my battery is at 79% with moderate use in a low 3G area etc.

Try it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss