06-15-2014 10:46 AM
28 12
tools
    I'm with Fido and I'm not concerned about LTE. Most of my data will be over WiFi with whatever few msg notifications I receive during the day. The added expense of the RM 938 just didn't make sense for me simply for the LTE, and considering that this phone will only be used over the next 2 years, maybe 3 their is no cost benefit of wind/mobilicity's cheaper plans. Besides which I don't have much faith in these two companies being around in the next couple of years, just bait for Rogers or Bell. Telus already bought Public Mobile. Just a matter of time.
    06-14-2014 11:52 AM
    I downloaded an app called Lumia update check yesterday because I was wondering if my phone has been updated fully. On the opening screen it says:
    Your Phone is a Nokia
    RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222, it's a windows phone 8 and seems to be updated to Update 3.
    The firmware isn't updated to Nokia Black.

Can someone help me in how to update the firmware? When I first got the phone I fully charged the battery first and then commenced setting up and updating the phone via settings-phone update. It tells me there are no more updates to be had. Do I need another procedure to update the firmware?
    06-15-2014 08:14 AM
    Just looked @ Lumia Update check - you probably need to select the correct country (Hong Kong would be my guess, but it's just that - a guess) to get the appropriate updates. There's a tutorial (& probably web instructions) which you need to look over, else you're stuck where you are.

Possibly a hard reset will start the process (Settings >> About >> reset your phone) it won't put you any worse off & if you haven't done it, is highly recommended. (you'll lose all your data on the phone !)

Possibly an owner of the same device (in a similar situation) could help.

Good Luck.
    Korlon likes this.
    06-15-2014 10:46 AM
28 12