White spots on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have them, you know what I'm talking about. Two to three hyper intense white blotches located on the screen, on top of the camera module. I noticed them two weeks after the purchase. I called AT&T just over one month of ownership and of course they want to send me a refurbished phone, I said I would call the manufacturer, but didn't. Mostly, because the spots are only noticeable on light grey backgrounds, not in movies, unless an image of the sky is onscreen. I mostly use my phone for internet, movie like Hollywood movies, some camera, and apps. I mostly use the Sony SBH52 Bluetooth for phone calls. That's the Bluetooth that behaves like a small phone you can talk into and hold to your head instead of a big platter like the 1520. So, the appearance, functionality of the screen is important to me.

Anyway, I got a replacement yesterday, it seems ok. Also the screen feels as if it has an oleophobic coating whereas my original was just glass, nor even remotely as smooth. In fact I purchased a Nilkin tempered glass to protect and get oleophobic smoothness which is not for everybody, but I like it. Also, I had developed a small hairline fracture on the screen near the top bezel on my original, so why wait for that to get worse. Hope AT&T doesn't notice it, it is very small, short.
Lastly, AT&T couldn't track the replacement phone they sent me. They even called DHL. They are sending me another one which will arrive Monday. This one I can track via FedEx. However, the first, untraceable phone shows up yesterday, Saturday. Now how to keep them both and save the extra one....

Anyone else get their phone replaced for white blotches and have success with their replacement?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have them, you know what I'm talking about. Two to three hyper intense white blotches located on the screen, on top of the camera module. I noticed them two weeks after the purchase. I called AT&T just over one month of ownership and of course they want to send me a refurbished phone, I said I would call the manufacturer, but didn't. Mostly, because the spots are only noticeable on light grey backgrounds, not in movies, unless an image of the sky is onscreen. I mostly use my phone for internet, movie like Hollywood movies, some camera, and apps. I mostly use the Sony SBH52 Bluetooth for phone calls. That's the Bluetooth that behaves like a small phone you can talk into and hold to your head instead of a big platter like the 1520. So, the appearance, functionality of the screen is important to me.

Anyway, I got a replacement yesterday, it seems ok. Also the screen feels as if it has an oleophobic coating whereas my original was just glass, nor even remotely as smooth. In fact I purchased a Nilkin tempered glass to protect and get oleophobic smoothness which is not for everybody, but I like it. Also, I had developed a small hairline fracture on the screen near the top bezel on my original, so why wait for that to get worse. Hope AT&T doesn't notice it, it is very small, short.
Lastly, AT&T couldn't track the replacement phone they sent me. They even called DHL. They are sending me another one which will arrive Monday. This one I can track via FedEx. However, the first, untraceable phone shows up yesterday, Saturday. Now how to keep them both and save the extra one....

Anyone else get their phone replaced for white blotches and have success with their replacement?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Well if you have any morality you will contact them and tell them and then return it.

I don't have so I would keep it.

Trench Mouth

Banned
Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I meant that in jest, hence the ..., but maybe hang onto it for a few days to see if the spots show up- took a few days blast time.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos