Helpppp nokia 1520 water dropped

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 1520 after dropped down into water, it always at headphone mode, how can i do now???
First of all you have drying up your phone (search the web and choose the right way for you), it should work will.
If that didn't help go to the nearest Nokia care because I don't think that this is an OS issue.
Note: Don't put it under the sun!
Sorry for poor English.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
We're going to assume he's past the point of ' ... in rice, don't turn on ...' because he's stated it's ' ... always at headphone mode ... '.

Turn the device OFF, take out the sim & sdcard tray, IF you have a torx 2 screwdriver, remove the back of the phone (Google 'Lumia 1520 service manual'). I would then be using compressed air to blow out the exposed chassis (guts of the phone) & see IF it can be recovered.

There may still be water / moisture in there !

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
He said that his phone is working well, so "don't turn on isn't necessary".

With all due respect if there's water still inside and he turns it on it might work once or twice but ANY water in there that comes in contact with an electrical connection that's on could fry it completely. It's more sensible to follow protocol and put it in a bag of raw rice to dry it out completely before powering it on again.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
With all due respect if there's water still inside and he turns it on it might work once or twice but ANY water in there that comes in contact with an electrical connection that's on could fry it completely. It's more sensible to follow protocol and put it in a bag of raw rice to dry it out completely before powering it on again.

You are CORRECT, however, it appears he's already turned it on. Now, if the OP can remove the back cover & blow it out, he probably won't be any worse off, possibly better. Water / moisture in the device may be causing his issues, or he's already fried a connection.

I would NOT recommend putting the chassis (w/o the back) in rice to dry that out, could get something lodged inside - compressed air (w exposure, possibly run a fan over it for 12 hrs ?) may remove any extraneous water / moisture.

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Rather than that buy this liquid thing packs which you submerse the phone in completely, the let it dry out, the issue with water is the ions, pure water would do nothing to the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6