Been getting crazy battery life since installing 8.1

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
2-3% drain per hour on a 1520 is not good. I get a constant loss of 0.3% per hour over night and that is with

Location on,

WiFi on,

Bluetooth on,

Glance set to peak,

27 apps allowed in background,

10 or more live tiles.

Everything is being backed up

I have turned of WiFi sense and battery sense turned off.

My battery has improved a bit over the last week or so. I was getting between 10 and 13 hours of screen on time over 3-4 days but that seems to have increased by around 15%

I was getting standby battery loss of about 0.2-0.3% per hour on 3g but I'm now getting 0.3% loss per hour on 4g but that could be down to a better signal with EE

Save me good sir. HHow are you achieving those astronomical numbers??! That's ridiculous.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So you are using the wall charger or just the wire of the wall charger plugged into something else?

I am using the black Nokia wall charger adapter with the while mini USB cord that came with the 1520. After making changes yesterday, it looks like the charging time has improved. Must have been a fluke.

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
DUDE.. I got 12 hours on 100% charge. Ridiculous! overnight (12am-7.30am) my batteryu down from 100%-60%.

Damn son, what's going on here. I'm tempted to rolling back to 8.0. Is that even possible? I factory resetted and it went back to 8.1. I think I'm screwed.

Whens 8.1 real release due.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, sorry to arrive so late to the discussion. The first 8.1 dev release was fine, I noticed zero difference in battery performance. Since update 2, I just cant get anywhere near the same out of it. My usage is minimal through the day, an odd call, and a couple of texts, perhaps a little email viewing. My phone is charged overnight on a Nokia wireless charger. A couple of days ago I had to recharge the phone while at work. Not done that since I used the wireless charger. Had to charge today after being home for an hour. Barely used the phone today. Using a 920. Wireless network on, Bluetooth off, WiFi on, most background tasks off. Very few live tiles either. One thing I have noticed though is that the location icon comes up quite frequently. I never have gps on by choice. Since 8.1 my phone gets very warm very quickly. Noticeably warmer at all times of even very basic use. No intense graphics games.

jorgemariom

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally at 100% after being plugged in most of the days except for lunch and breaks. We'll see how it is tomorrow when wake up. Could be a fluke with may one of my new apps.

I'm having the same problem with my Lumia 820, some time ago charged in two or three hours max, but now from 0% at night it have 60% or 70% re charged in the morning, I think it is a problem with the 8.1 developer preview

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Over the week end I will be factory resetting again. Except I wont be loading my data back on. See of its a rogue app or something...loved this phone at first. Honeymoon period officially over.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Damn son, what's going on here. I'm tempted to rolling back to 8.0. Is that even possible? I factory resetted and it went back to 8.1. I think I'm screwed.

Yes you can go back to 8.0 any time you want using Nokia Software Updater for Retail. Bing it.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Save me good sir. HHow are you achieving those astronomical numbers??! That's ridiculous.

Not sure how but I have always got great battery in all my phones. I know that it is supposed to be bad and all but I still let the phone go dead(usually around the first of the month so I can keep track of it) I never leave the phone on charge after it is fully charged, I let the phone go down to around 10% before I charge it.

With 8.1 I did a hard reset before and after I installed it and only updated all the system apps both times and then I set the phone up as new so I did not restore from a backup. All my phones batteries have improved but the mops improvement is on the 1020 which has about 30% better battery now than before when on 8.0

With one of my 925s I did a test and reverted back to 8.0 and restored all my apps and settings that I had backed up before I got 8.1 and I installed 8.1 again with out the hard resets and I had a load of problems so I then hard reset it and restored form a backup and that got rid of some of the problems but not all so I again reverted back to 8.0 and then installed 8.1 again but the way I did it with all the other phones(see list below) and again the phone has zero problems.

Obviously the first couple of days after installing 8.1 the battery was bad but then it improved and in the case of the 925s the battery is about 15-20% better than when on 8.0

As for my 1520 I chargers it this evening and it was at 8% and 5 days and 6 hours from last charge.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The biggest problem after 8.1 is new facebook messenger, it sucks battery, old school is far better in 8, but the battery life is like 7 days best for me. However if facebook app lucky to get 5 hours, god knows why but there is huge heat, also maps apps like the here drive over a few hours kills

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The biggest problem after 8.1 is new facebook messenger, it sucks battery, old school is far better in 8, but the battery life is like 7 days best for me. However if facebook app lucky to get 5 hours, god knows why but there is huge heat, also maps apps like the here drive over a few hours kills
Any messenger is like this :((((

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is getting shorter and shorter.

A full charge read 1day 6 hours. When new

Now a full charge reads 1day.

What is happening???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077