Been getting crazy battery life since installing 8.1

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Therer have been several apps that have come out or have been updated and I decided not to reinstall them or download them until I determine that I'm going to use them. I'm trying to be more disciple at least until I get my microsdxc card in a few days.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yea..no you are wrong.

The Lumia 1520 has the best battery life of any phone I have used to date. I get on average 2 days with heavy usage. This is the first phone I don't charge immediately upon getting home at night, and feel confident it will work all the way till next evening with heavy usage.

I have EVERYTHING turned on, location, fb, etc.. Literally nothing turned off. I use LTE all day mainly as well and bluetooth in car. Hell I dont even turn off bluetooth or wifi even if there is non around.

620 is NOT 1520. 1520 has an absolutely massive battery and it shows.

Sure, the battery in 1520 is huge and battery life is great! Thats not what i mean!
But if someone got another "normal" phone and says "yeah my batterylife is 3 days", then it indicates that he doesnt use his phone. And so every phone can have 3 days batterylife if you hardly use it...

There is NO MIRACLE BATTERY WONDER in any phone. Its useage, brightness, apps, battery size. Done.

shloime

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you guys call heavy use. But I wake up at 5.30 am every day, and by 5 or 6 pm , I have to plug it . And I do use it super heavily: constantly browsing, GPS, streaming music and videos , WiFi, lte, bright screen, etc.
I don't have WP 8.1 yet. I'm waiting for the official release for the 1520 on att

shloime

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Really? I wonder what you do with that phone
I have 925 and 1520

1520 lasts for 3-4 days or so, 925 1-2 days
as I said: I do everything: talking, emails, texting, browsing, GPS, music and videos, WiFi, lte, bright screen, and still never get more than 12 hours of battery life.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
What is this discussion about?
We all have the same phones with the same batteries. The only thing that differs is settings, installed apps und usage. Boring...

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
my 920 will show -2 to 4% but with me just using whatsapp or facebook messenger over 4g or even wifi i will lose 1% per min and my phone gets extremely hot how are you guys getting such good results with 8.1

shloime

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The point is: I would like to know all those people that charge their phones every 2 or 3 days , if they really use them max out all features how long would it last

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Apps made only for wp8 make a weird fuzzy sound that you can only hear when you have the phone's speaker next to your ear. This causes battery drain. Apps made for 8.1 do not have this issue.

Ichigo

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I noticed significant battery drainage on my Lumia 1520. I am currently looking at my screen with 90% battery life remaining. Estimated time remaining: 11 hours. I have Battery saver off at all time. I turned off wifi. I have Bluetooth on. I am a heavy user. I constantly play games (Throne wars and Cloud Raiders). I wake up at 7.30 with phone charged overnight (12-7.30) and I have to charge it in the office since I will be using it heavily throughout the day. Is there anything I do wrong? Why all people here could charge their phone once every two days? I am with WP 8.1, AT&T, microSD sandisk class 10. Could it be the microSD causing this? Please help.
wp_ss_20140617_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20140617_0002.jpg

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, 1520's battery was awesome, under 8.0, but it's EPIC under 8.1 - the second dp update.

I've just driven from Paris to Calais (3 hours) and am for and a half on the ferry AND then a further one and a half hour to London and home: Drive + ALL the way, with a Bluetooth headset - 56% battery left! Now I had the screen set to medium brightness but hey. EPIC. That 3000mah battery is brilliant.

I didn't know you had a Lumia! I'm really thinking about getting one and I'm exploring the 1520.

I'll be stalking you!

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know you had a Lumia! I'm really thinking about getting one and I'm exploring the 1520.

I'll be stalking you!

The 1520 is way better than the 5s imo. I had a 64 GB 4s and it destroyed it. And my girl had the 5s and the 1520's processor ran circles around it.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 is way better than the 5s imo. I had a 64 GB 4s and it destroyed it. And my girl had the 5s and the 1520's processor ran circles around it.

Well I'm a phone geek. I'm looking to add to my collection, because I've never had a Lumia and here is my chance. It's something I really want to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs