Hi everyone,

I recently received my Lumia 1520 in the mail, and while I love it, I can't help but avoid making it my daily phone until I transfer my text messages from my Samsung Galaxy S3.

This is a very sentimental thing, and while I have backed them up into a HTML file, I would still like to use Transfer my Data to pull the SMS Database from my Android to my Lumia.

Contacts transferred fine, and my Android receives and acknowledges the request for Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) bit while my Lumia is scanning for the Text Messages it causes a "Bluetooth Share Stopped" on the Android and pairing fails on my Lumia.

No amount of rebooting, whatever, on both devices has resolved this. Has anybody else experienced this? I would really like to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Cocotutch
    06-11-2014 11:42 PM
    remove pairing from both the fones and and pair them fresh. msgs definitely can be transfered.and do try twice or thrice thru Transfer my data app. that should do it.
    jfa1 likes this.
    06-12-2014 07:57 AM
    remove pairing from both the fones and and pair them fresh. msgs definitely can be transfered.and do try twice or thrice thru Transfer my data app. that should do it.
    Yes, I tried that multiple times already and it still fails on the Android. The Lumia only drops out when Androids' Bluetooth Stack seems to give up the ghost.

Makes me glad I switched, but still very very disappointing.....
    06-12-2014 09:59 AM
    Yes, I tried that multiple times already and it still fails on the Android. The Lumia only drops out when Androids' Bluetooth Stack seems to give up the ghost.

Makes me glad I switched, but still very very disappointing.....
    i tried transferring data from Samsung Note to my 720, and it needed 5-6 attempts to do it successfully.
    that's it..... try try, but don't cry.
    06-13-2014 12:27 AM
    What version of Transfer my Data do you have? Version 6.0.1 has the latest and greatest in terms of compatibility with the Android MAP stack.
    06-18-2014 06:36 PM
    The latest and greatest available in the Store as far as I know. I can't "update" the app at all, it just tells me it's in my collection already.
    06-20-2014 12:12 AM
    Setting up a new smartphone can be a daunting task. With the introduction of HTC Get Started, we’ve made it easy to set up news feeds, email, and other services. Now, thanks to the HTC Transfer tool, it’s easier than ever to move text messages, photos, contacts, and calendar events from your old phone to your new HTC One.
    08-24-2014 01:50 AM