buy or wait for 8.1 devices

neonspark

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
with 8.1 on the wings of shipping with the next gen of nokia/msft devices, is it a good time to hold off buying a 1520?
I own a 920, and two 1020s but have been considering getting a 1520 to see if I can deal with the larger screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 is the best and likely will for a while. The 1520 came late enough in 8.0's life to carry over for quite some time.
I'd go for it, Nokia will probably focus on the rest of the linuep for a while before focusing in the "1530"

although we could be surprised.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt next gen phones will offer much more than the 1520, it's not like on Android where OEMs can add crazy features to differentiate. I got one a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's better than the unreleased 930.

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I wrestled with the same decision.

After evaluating what was important to me, I determined my next device needed a great camera, Glance, Qi, and at least 32 GB. I'm on AT&T, which is why I didn't upgrade to the 1520 upon release since they halved the storage and removed Qi. I'm anticipating AT&T doing something similar with future devices, so I went the path of the 1520.3 a couple of weeks ago, which gives me everything I wanted. I figure if I have to wait for a similar variant to come out with future devices (should I stay with AT&T) I might as well enjoy the 1520 right now, which I am, immensely.

neonspark

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I wrestled with the same decision.

After evaluating what was important to me, I determined my next device needed a great camera, Glance, Qi, and at least 32 GB. I'm on AT&T, which is why I didn't upgrade to the 1520 upon release since they halved the storage and removed Qi. I'm anticipating AT&T doing something similar with future devices, so I went the path of the 1520.3 a couple of weeks ago, which gives me everything I wanted. I figure if I have to wait for a similar variant to come out with future devices (should I stay with AT&T) I might as well enjoy the 1520 right now, which I am, immensely.

what's the LTE story with ATT? I know some of these unlocked phones sometimes have bands you need for full LTE compatibility.

infinitelurker

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
what's the LTE story with ATT? I know some of these unlocked phones sometimes have bands you need for full LTE compatibility.

The RM-938 (or 1520.3) international variant has all the bands needed to get full LTE on AT&T and I believe T-Mobile in the US (somebody else can verify this - it might only be in some markets, I didn't investigate this since I'm on AT&T)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel