True BULLET PROOF??

PimblyCharles

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've dropped my Lumia 822 too many times now to count, and besides a few scruff marks on the plastic exterior, it is fine and still runs like a champ. The most memorable drop it had was from above a 40+ ft waterfall where it fell straight down onto rocks. This was without a case, and it was still running fine when I picked it up from the bottom. Like the previous duders have stated, it's about how it lands and not the fall.

Also, when I switch from this phone to another Lumia in a year or so, I'm going to be real tempted to shoot at it and see if it's bulletproof.

Sorry to hear about your phone OP. Hopefully Nokia or your provider can replace it since it was purchased so recently.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife drops her 920 at least once a week. She has a cheap gel cover on it, and so far after probably at least 80+ drops it's still fine.

But all it really takes is to just drop the wrong way. If the impact is in the exact wrong spot, then it's over.

Think of your phone like the Greek hero Achilles.

He was super tough... but if you just hit him on his heel... well, yeah.... he'd look like your phone.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Plus the bigger the phone the greater the chance of damaging the glass.

I let my 1520 fall when it was taking it apart to do a colour change, it fell onto a oak floor without damage from about 3ft and that was when it was out of its frame so it was just the glass with the other bits on the back. On a positive side it completely cured the touch swipe problem.

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I send it to Nokia Care Centre, they charge me RM710 (after discount 10% lol) (USD 220). Damn most expensive part in device is SCREEN? Hell.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on the angle you dropped the phone at. I dropped my Lumia 900 three or four times within a short time of having the phone. The screen hit the floor each time and nothing at all happened to it - short term or long term (I had it for two years and a month before getting my 1520).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster