True BULLET PROOF??

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Is that Lumia devices is bullet proof ? ..
Just droped the device and get this result... :crying::crying::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:
Used 20 days only.

Attachments

• DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0132.jpg
    DSC_0132.jpg
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Klemen Nemivsek

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the screen shattered so easy on L1520, my lumia droped me only once and the screen shatterd :S Welcome to the club.

Oh just one tip . The digitizer is impossible to replace because on one side of screen is glued with some extra strong glue , i tried this by myself.. Then i buy digitizer+lcd screen for 170€ .

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the screen shattered so easy on L1520, my lumia droped me only once and the screen shatterd :S Welcome to the club.

Oh just one tip . The digitizer is impossible to replace because on one side of screen is glued with some extra strong glue , i tried this by myself.. Then i buy digitizer+lcd screen for 170€ .

I haven't experience on repairing, so just gonna send to Nokia Centre and ask the price, if expensive than i have no choice send to shop and lose warranty. By the way out of mood today .. :-( :unhappysweat::crying:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
These phones are not designed to be bulletproof. They may be built robustly, but I have not seen any official information indicating they have been designed to do so other than those news articles.

Worth noting a bullet isn't necessarily the same as a drop.
Also that 520 may have taken a bullet, but it certainly didn't look pretty.

I've seen a few articles about a phone stopping a bullet like that HTC battery taking one.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You dropped it.... No one shot you with it, that in itself is a different story... I have seen phones drop on concrete and survive with barely a scratch, (My 1520 did) and I saw a phone drop on a carpeted floor and shatter (my company iPhone4 did that) It's sometime how it lands is worse that how it falls. Like they say, Falling rarely ever hurts, but that sudden stop at the end can do you in. :confused:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Indeed.. it's not the fall, it's the landing. My 920 has been lucky. I've dropped it maybe 5-6 times, always came out of it pristine. I know people who have dropped their phones from much less to a softer floor and crack it immeditely. It really depends on the Lumia too, 920 for example has been tested and found one of the most robust "normal smartphones" (excluding phones with cases or otherwise marketed as extra durable), but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't crack on the first drop. Amount of drops or how old the phone is makes no difference, if it lands bad once, game over. If it lands less bad, it can survive all the drops. But yeah, it must be a terrible feeling to have a new phone drop once and immediately have it shatter..

When I bought my 920, as I was first unboxing it, the box was upside down.. before I laid my hands on it, I had already droppe my 920 on a wooden floor from waist high or so. Luckily nothing happened to it.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
All hail Jeremy Clarkson

"It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop and the end that does"

My father said that to me when we were on a plain when I was about 5 and it always stuck with me mainly because I was rather sh!ting myself about my first flight. I was born in '71

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop and the end that does"

My father said that to me when we were on a plain when I was about 5 and it always stuck with me mainly because I was rather sh!ting myself about my first flight. I was born in '71

whoops, the quote-style must be more common than i thought

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."

thank you!

altair679

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Indeed.. it's not the fall, it's the landing. My 920 has been lucky. I've dropped it maybe 5-6 times, always came out of it pristine. I know people who have dropped their phones from much less to a softer floor and crack it immeditely. It really depends on the Lumia too, 920 for example has been tested and found one of the most robust "normal smartphones" (excluding phones with cases or otherwise marketed as extra durable), but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't crack on the first drop. Amount of drops or how old the phone is makes no difference, if it lands bad once, game over. If it lands less bad, it can survive all the drops. But yeah, it must be a terrible feeling to have a new phone drop once and immediately have it shatter..

When I bought my 920, as I was first unboxing it, the box was upside down.. before I laid my hands on it, I had already droppe my 920 on a wooden floor from waist high or so. Luckily nothing happened to it.

True, it depends on luck,
I've dropped my lumia 520 a lot of times that I lost count. Yeah, the casing does wear out but the screen is fine because the impact doesn't hit the vital parts eg. The corners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte