Time for a camera refresh!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to brag about the camera on my 1520. By no means is it a poor camera but my gf who picked up a GS5 shockingly has a camera that's been putting mine to shame lately.

I tried to steer her to WP before her purchase but in the end it was the sales people at the Rogers store who won. And yesterday we're at the aquarium snapping pics of all the fish and my camera kept failing to keep up with hers. My camera takes on average 4 seconds longer than hers to snap a pic. As well I was embarrassed of how often my phone takes blurry pics when trying to focus on an object, or in this case a slow moving fish... Her phone was consistently taking better pics than my 1520. I never thought I'd see the day when Samsung would start taking better pics than Nokia.

I guess I'm really hoping that the next flagship can take another giant leap forward in camera technology and give us the upper hand again.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S5 has a very capable camera.

You could have focused manually. Nothing you can do about shot to shot speed. I don't really get that "issue" really...

neonspark

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
MSFT really needs to improve the camera speed. the problem is that your camera relies on the nokia app which isn't baked into the OS unlike what samsung can do. yet another example of how the MSFT overly restrictive SDK screws users.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
MSFT really needs to improve the camera speed. the problem is that your camera relies on the nokia app which isn't baked into the OS unlike what samsung can do. yet another example of how the MSFT overly restrictive SDK screws users.

Samsung also doesn't take a 2nd 5MP image and sample it from the main, high resolution image.

Look how slow the Oppo "50MP" camera is.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Infinity focus helps when you want to snap photos quickly, but the downside is that objects closer to the camera won't be as sharp and the OIS doesn't work as good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb