1520 Screen Sensitivity Problems Fixed?

Mark Hanley

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Last night there were several updates to apps and system settings. One of them had something to do with the display for Lumia devices, but it updated so quickly, I didn't see any info about it. This morning, my 1520 scrolling on the home page is flawless, even scrolling while trying to make it click. Has anyone else noticed this? Keeping my fingers crossed!

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the problem occur about 10%-20% of the time but the latest glance update for me (the one that lets you add additional info such as calendar to glance) has fixed the problem COMPLETELY in the OS. I only notice the very ocassional accidental tap in certain apps (one or two of my apps) and it happens so infrequently it really isn't a problem.

It may as well have gone away as far as I'm concerned and this just reinforces my belief that it was always a software problem mostly involving glance.

I am glad Nokia is doing something about it. They wouldn't let such a thing remain broken. Cyan will be the cherry on top, making the experience even better.

Last edited:

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine started 3 weeks ago. I noticed it off and on over those 2 weeks. The past week I haven't had it once.

​At first I thought it was from being in my pocket, but now I feel that it was a software bug.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone with this issue have a screen protector on their display? I've noticed that when swiping around the display, that when my finger hangs due to the screen protector I have on mine, that is when it accidentally taps something it shouldn't be.

anon(5667874)

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Does everyone with this issue have a screen protector on their display? I've noticed that when swiping around the display, that when my finger hangs due to the screen protector I have on mine, that is when it accidentally taps something it shouldn't be.
I have experienced the inadvertent taps and do not have a screen protector installed. That said, the tap problems have been greatly reduced lately, perhaps due to recent system updates to display, touch, and glance.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am from India and own Lumia 1520 and I also face the touch problem. My Firmware version is 1028.3562.1402.0001.
What are your version who have this problem resolved?

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am from India and own Lumia 1520 and I also face the touch problem. My Firmware version is 1028.3562.1402.0001.
What are your version who have this problem resolved?

hey i am from india .. and i am thinking to buy nokia lumia 1520

so the touch problem you are facing is fixed ? i dont want a device with a bug .. touch screen bug .. ?
so is ur problem fixed or its still there ?

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Prashant !!

Today I have visited Nokia Care and explained them the problem. They have inspected it and as usual reinstalled OS and asked me to keep an eye on the Touch and use it extensively. I will use the Scroll more than I have used it before and see if problem reappears it yes then I will visit Nokia Care again. At least today there is almost no problem... Let's see. I will update you.

Other than this Phone is really awesome !! :)

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Prashant !!

Today I have visited Nokia Care and explained them the problem. They have inspected it and as usual reinstalled OS and asked me to keep an eye on the Touch and use it extensively. I will use the Scroll more than I have used it before and see if problem reappears it yes then I will visit Nokia Care again. At least today there is almost no problem... Let's see. I will update you.

Other than this Phone is really awesome !! :)

thank you so much!!!

yes i know the phone is so great .. i loved it ... but as i have a older brother as well and he is not allowing me to buy lumia 1520 as he has also heard about the issue ..

please let me know .. is the problem fixed ? and which colour and model no. you has ?

i am thinking of buying it before 15th ....

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Red Colour. Till now the phone is fine. Problem is not entirely solved but the frequency is reduced by 90%. I will wait for 3-4 days.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I've never had this problem, and I have a screen protector. Have you adjusted the screen sensitivity?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise